• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boinc version #?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

montaillou

What version are people running?

I've been running 7.2.42 on my windows 7 system and it usually runs well 95% of the time, but 5% of the time it drives me nuts. It gets stuck trying to communicate and just hangs the program. I try to end the process and it'll restart itself 2-3 times before I can finally shut it down. Then an hour or day later it's all hunky dory and back to normal.

I've done a little research (google) and both the issues above have happened to other people with apparently no real solution. So, I'm thinking of trying another version.

I have 3 computers running 7.2.42 with no problems. They run 24/7 not sure if that makes a difference.

In BOINC, I press "ctr+shift+A" to get to advanced vieiw then click the "activity" tab and set all to "always run" especially network, that makes rosetta work no matter what. You can go back to "run based on preferences" after it finishes communicating. At least that is what I do and it's fine.

Back