• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ZFS Zpool disappeared

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ssjwizard

Has slightly less legible writing than Thideras
So, I just did a software update on my ZFS server. The machine runs on Ubuntu Server 12.04. So basically what happened is that after the software updates a reboot was required, and since this is my personal server a bit of downtime is not a big deal. So anyway I rebooted the system and my zpool did not remount. This is not the first time I have seen something like this happen. My typical process is to open the terminal and simply remount the pool. Issuing the zpool mount -a did not bring my pool back up. So I proceeded to try and export / import the array and it issued an error. Ill post the exact error later. Anyway now when I issue zpool import storage I get an error that says the pool does not exist.

Any input is appreciated.

Ok, so with a bit of troubleshooting help from thinderas I managed to track down the problem. Somehow during the update 2 of ZFS dependent packages ended up being removed or lost somehow. I solved the problem by issuing an apt-get update, and apt-get --reinstall install ubuntu-zfs.

I was able to get the pool back up with the standard commands zpool import poolname and zfs mount -a.

Back