• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

800mhz dual ram shown as 667mhz with OC'ed Cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

seamoon

Hi, I have bought a pair of 2gb ddr2 800mhz ram. Previously I had overclocked my 2.4ghz Q6600 Asus p5kse system to 3.0ghz. Now with new rams system shows total ram speed at 667mhz in dual channel mode. How can I set them to 1333mhz with 3.0ghz cpu speed?

Last edited:
I set it to 800mhz from bios in this case I get "F1 to run setup" issue. I read ram speeds from Everest & I see 800mhz with single ram in boot startup. My mobo supports max 2x667mhz=1333mhz in dual channel mode I guess the problem related this.

Please post screenshots of CPUz (both memory and CPUz tabs) hosting them to this site instead of 3rd party...

You'll never see 1333 with those. They're 800 speed @ 6-6-6-x timings..........and a mismatched set at that.

Doubtful... you can try though. Loosen up the timings, perhaps add .1v to the sticks and see if it can happen...

Okay I've ordered identical ram of slot 2. I'll ask for help when I receive it.

I've installed the new ram. Now I have 2 identical ram. 800mhz runs fine but with 1000 or 1066mhz system won't boot.

snap000051.jpg

IMG_0441.JPG

Why would it? Its only rated to do 800MHz...If you want to try to overclocking, you will need to loosen the timings, raise the voltage, or both.

See post #11 where I said that already. :)

Okay. I want to ask what timings should I run for 800mhz. The bios photo above shows my current timings.

I have never touched that as I have never found that option in my bios. If you have it, set it, if not, leave it alone.

Back