• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HDD Mod help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RATCAST

Registered
Hey all, so i have a corsair 540 case and i really do not like looking at the 2 segate hdd i have that are place on the bottom of the case, I have a blue led kid along with blue ram cooler and all that ****, is there a way to pain the hdd ? or would it damage them ? thanks

If you're cool with voiding the warranty you can mask them and hit them with black paint on the silver cover.

Perhaps too late to the game but yeah. You can paint it. You do not want to paint the PCB part though and you do not want enough paint to act as an insulating barrier. The drives do need to shed heat. It may be a far better idea to move them to where you can't see them.

People seem to be forgetting there are one or more vents on the hard drive. Painting over them will damage the disk. If you mask off those holes and paint everything, else, that isn't an issue.

Back