• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leaving AMD Going to Nvidia HELP ME!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gsantana

Registered
well lately after driver updates to my MSI R9 270 has bin giving me lag and stutters in multiplyer my settings have never changed ever since driver update and game up and i am talking about battlefield 4 setting have bin at high and i am thinking about going with nvida gtx 970 from msi since its at a great price but i am looking at reports about possible amd cards like r9 290 getting a boost to 8gb vram before the year is out so i need help if i should just upgrade to nvidia or wait something to note is i am getting a 970 and possibly get another in the future for sli to double the performance please help me out of my decision

8gb just seems slightly overkill unless you are doing multi monitor 4k gaming or such

some people tell me amd is currently ahead of nvidia at the moment but do you think Msi gtx 970 would be a good upgrade and worth it or should i wait for something better or the 980

What resolution are you gaming at? The 970 has 4GB VRAM which is more than enough for 1080P gaming for bf4 and upcomming titles, besides it pretty fast too!

some people tell me amd is currently ahead of nvidia at the moment but do you think Msi gtx 970 would be a good upgrade and worth it or should i wait for something better or the 980
People talk crazy... 970 is a great upgrade.

What Earthdog say. Just go with the 970 it will be more than enough at your resolution. 8gb just seems crazy IMO

thank you all for the advice i guess ill go with the msi 970 and maybe in months time add another into sli if it will increase the performance

SLI does increase performance... not sure why you would add one though at 1080p when the single one does just fine.

SLI does increase performance... not sure why you would add one though at 1080p when the single one does just fine.

well i am thinking about recording game play and other stuff like editing and because it will make my build look nice i have a custom corsair air 540 case with white interior and black exterior and bright white lighting inside ect ect and want to add another to my build since i have a 750 watt with barely any use and if i can record and game at high fps and settings it would be great i am very "anal" about quality lol. i was having issues with my r9 270 that i removed my 5.0 oc from my 8350 thinking after patch it was causing problems and i am not a fan of overclocking .

Recording gameplay is a CPU function for all intents and purposes (IIRC)...

Your have fun logic... you overbought on the PSU, so you want to spend more money just to use it? We need more consumers like that! :)

Recording gameplay is a CPU function for all intents and purposes (IIRC)...

Your have fun logic... you overbought on the PSU, so you want to spend more money just to use it? We need more consumers like that! :)

well at the time i misread the requirements for the upgrade but i quess now i need it coming from a 500watt and i a nut to upgrading and adding things to my custom rig its like a child i have to give it more and more its evil ....

well at the time i misread the requirements for the upgrade but i quess now i need it coming from a 500watt and i a nut to upgrading and adding things to my custom rig its like a child i have to give it more and more its evil ....

LOL exactly

Back