• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Question] Running two GPUs,, cad/3d (no SLI). (GTX 480 & pny quadro 2000)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trollyy

Registered
So I recently aquired two asrock 970 extreme4 motherboards.

What im looking to do is configure a second system for a bit of gaming but also run CAD/3d work off of it. The current configuration is as follows:
ASrock 970 extreme4
AMD fx-4350
4x 4gb ocz 1333 memory (single channel)
antec 750w PSU

Now my main question is this: can i run a GTX 480 as my primary GPU and then have a secondary PNY quadro 2000 GPU connected to a second monitor and just use that for all my cad/3d/processing work? I just want them to be ran as two seperate dedicated GPUs under one motherboard. No need for sli. Will this work?

Last edited:
So I recently aquired two asrock 970 extreme4 motherboards.

What im looking to do is configure a second system for a bit of gaming but also run CAD/3d work off of it. The current configuration is as follows:
ASrock 970 extreme4
AMD fx-4350
4x 4gb ocz 1333 memory (single channel)
antec 750w PSU

Now my main question is this: can i run a GTX 480 as my primary GPU and then have a secondary PNY quadro 2000 GPU connected to a second monitor and just use that for all my cad/3d/processing work? (should not be a problem) I just want them to be ran as two seperate dedicated GPUs under one motherboard. No need for sli. Will this work?

ASrock 970 extreme4 >> is x16 in top PCIe slot and x4 in the secondary long PCIe slot. This because it is 970 chipset and not 99x chipset. Might work that way if only doing CAD work but that will only be in the 'seeing'.
RGone...

I actually have 3 pci-e x16 available slots on my motherboard. If I just installed to the quadro in my second pci-e x16 slot wouldnt they just both be running in 8x mode?

Back