• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Superheroic Budget

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
So I'm about to ask for an INSANE budget to setup a post-production editing studio. The idea is that people can run around with something like GH4s or RED Epics... just to get a sense of what a scene will look like, and then quickly review and process the footage at the end of the day. I'm pretty sound in the processing power department: I can setup a bunch of RAID arrays and server farms and all that crazy stuff.

But I didn't even realize 10 to 16-bit monitors were a real THING until a couple of days ago...

...but I kinda wanna look like I know what I'm talking about.

So here are a bunch of monitors: http://www.colorhq.com/LCD-Monitors-s/89.htm

Maybe somebody here really DOES know what they're talking about.

I know the GH4 can output 4k at 10-bit so that's a good place to start. But I also want to be prepared if somebody shows up with Magic Lantern on a 5D Mark III and some 16-bit CinemaDNGs. I figure the human eye probably wouldn't even be able to tell the difference, but just in case I run into some insane Russian colorist who can... I kinda want to be covered.

So lay it on me.

Back