• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Build - CPU error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

alexisvx

Registered
Hi all,
I have just built a new PC. It has been running perfectly for a couple of weeks, including 3D gaming. I ran the FurMark stress test for my GPU and temperatures were ok at 82C (my card Max is 93C).
I run the Prime95 CPU test however and I got the below errors:

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4986246282, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
Self-test 336K passed!

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4988599986, expected less than 0.4
Self-test 140K passed!

FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.4982281566, expected less than 0.4
Self-test 800K passed!

I have not O/C anything, all is at factory default, all my components are new expect my GPU card, RAM and hard discs.

Could this be a faulty CPU or perhaps my not having applied the correct amount of CPU thermal paste?

Thank you for your advise.

Motherboard:
Asrock Z97 Extreme 4

CPU:
i5 4690k

CPU cooler:
Noctua NH-D14

PSU:
EVGA 750W ATX12V

Gcard:
GeForce GTX 650Ti Boost 2GB

RAM:
Corsair XMS3 DHX - 4GB (DDR3 1333)

Hard Drives:
1x SSD - 70GB
1x 300 GB

Case:
Fractal Design Define R4

Hmmm. What are your cpu temps while running prime and have you tried running memtest to make sure it's not your memory module causing it?

My CPU Temps were good, ranging from 59c- 65C maximum.
I have not run a memtest, I will now and let you know.

Run the small FFT test to stress the CPU or large FFT test to test the memory. If you ran the small FFT test and it threw those errors, then take the CPU voltage off of the auto setting and set it manually to 1.0V and test again.

Back