• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xeon E5450 Overclock to 4Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozzman

Hi guys,

I'm trying to get my Xeon 5450 E0 SLBBM (3.0ghz) to 4.0ghz @ 445 FSB with 1.3vcore.. However it won't stay stable at that point. A LOT of others online seem to be able to reach that no problem but I just can't win. I can bump it up to 1.36-1.39 and get it stable but then under load I'm at about 70-75C which is too high in my book.

Here's my current config.

Xeon E5450 E0 SLBBM
Zalman CNPS10X - heatsink+single 120mm Fan
8gb Mushkin 991599 PC2 8500 running at 1067mhz - Rated 2.0-2.10v
Asus P5Q-E motherboard
2x - Asus R9 270 in crossfire.

Only things I've changed have been the FSB for CPU, CPU Vcore, and Set ram at the rated 2.06v

It's been a while since I've overclocked hard and I'm seeing TONS of extra settings in there. Do I need to change PCI-Frequency from 100? What about other CPU voltage settings.

Could it be I just got a Dud SLBBM chip and I have to just endure a lower OC?

Do I need to set my Ram to a lower speed? at 445 FSB apparently I should be at about 900MHZ on the ram and not above 1000 like the ram is rated for. But the system does allow me to run it in asynchronous mode.

Thanks! I really want to hit the 4ghz level stable. :)

Currently set at 3.8ghz at 1.31vcore running at 67c with Prime running large FFT. Prime ran stable so it looks ok here. But I really want the magical 4.0ghz :D

Last edited:
if its stable but too hot, better cooling is the probably only option.

that chip is basically a q8xxx c2q which 1.4v sounds close to 4ghz for most of them.
also as for all overclocks ymmv so someone else getting 1.3v at 4ghz doesnt gaurentee you are gonna get it with yours.

My config is :
Mainboard: Asus P5Q Pro Turbo
CPU: Intel E5450 Xeon
RAM : OCZ2P10662G
CPU Cooling : Cooler Master Seidon 120V Ver.2

Now i am on 4Ghz and i have make a stress test. The Cpu is realy getting hot with Max 98°C . How i could get the cpu cooler on 4ghz? e54504ghz.jpg

Hello guys, can anyone help me with a tutorial about how to overclock this kind of cpu on . P5Q SE PLUS!? Any tutorial step by step? Thank you kind!

Could any experienced overclocker tell me, if I have everything set save, when it comes to voltages and stuff? I am running this machine @4.12 GHz and would not want to degrade the mobo or cpu with time.

Here's my BIOS settings:

Any advice highly appreciated.

Back