• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Enthoo Primo airflow question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hippogriff

I know the common rule bottom/front/sides intake and rear/top exhaust. However, I would like to know how bad a setup like this would affect my temps

Substantially the bottom and top radiators (+maybe the rear fan) would be my exhaust.

The two front fans and the two sides (HDD area) fans (+maybe the rear fan) would be my intake.

Thanks

Enthoo-Primo_5.jpg

I expect that arrangement would leave you with a dead spot in the center.

Bottom intake, rear exhaust.

What you've got drawn out will leave dead spots in the case.

OK. I will stick to my original idea bottom intake. I saw some people with bottom exhaust, but I guess that they are more interested in aesthetic than practicality...

In any case, two side fans in the HDD area are useful or useless?

Since I'm a custom wc noob, I am trying to copy a bit the layout of other people. However, there are so many rigs that are actually impractical and I'm confused.

Should be pretty easy if you can stick the pump and res away in the HDD/ODD area.
Should be some easy tubing runs.

Did you buy an SLI block for the GPU blocks?

Should be pretty easy if you can stick the pump and res away in the HDD/ODD area.
Should be some easy tubing runs.

Did you buy an SLI block for the GPU blocks?

I have the Monsoon Bay reservoir suggested by JackBauer. And now I'll be running just one 980 since I'm waiting for EVGA to step up my 780Ti. The EK package included a SLI block.

Tubing is hypothetically easy, but this is my first loop and I'm struggling a bit with all the cables, screws, plugs, fittings, etc.. And we should not forget the EK backplate manual that is a ciphered message (including the "replace these screws with screws that are exactly the same") :D

Back