• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Brass/Copper Water Lines ( Newb )

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2 1

ive never watercooled a pc,but my 3rd build I wanna try to water cool this new build im gonna get started over winter..

I wanna know how to get some copper or brass hard lines instead of clear tubing.

I also want to know whats envolved and what do I need ?

-tony-

Copper and brass will entail brazing with a blow torch. Not easy by any means if you don't know how to use a torch. Brazing Info .

You'll need:

Torch
Flux
Copper tubing and angle fittings to make turns/bends.
Pipe Cutter
Tape measure
Steel wool

I weld at a auto body shop and I've done plumbing. It's basically the same method except in plumbing we use a small can propane torch.

Copper and brass will entail brazing with a blow torch. Not easy by any means if you don't know how to use a torch. Brazing Info .

You'll need:

Torch
Flux
Copper tubing and angle fittings to make turns/bends.
Pipe Cutter
Tape measure
Steel wool

I weld at a auto body shop and I've done plumbing. It's basically the same method except in plumbing we use a small can propane torch.

What about flare fittings instead? (Copper)
Using soft copper you could hand bend it but a bending spring would be a smart idea.
Flaring tool
2 wrenches
Tubing cutter

In reality though it would be much smarter to start with the flexible plastic tubing so you get a better idea of how your system will go together. It will also let you make mistakes or changes cheaply.

Just remember to heat the fitting in order to draw the solder up into the fitting and make a solid seal. :)

ive done copper plumbing before,in my fathers basement with him,and ive done copper brake lines for automobiles :D

so I have a lot of knowledge between the two,copper brake lines are much more softer and prone to kink. As opposed to plumbing which takes some elbow grease I just love love love the look of black and copper/brass lines

thanks a lot for the information guuiissss :DDD

Back