• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games I would pay $100 for

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was just looking up how much it would cost to buy Tie Fighter off of GoG. It's $10. I never got the chance to play the 1994 version because I was kind of 2 years old at the time. Would the game hold up? As far as the story goes? Or would the game play just be too god awful to have to chug through?

I never really played any of the other Star Wars games from that era except X-Wing (I don't know why as I had them all) but based on what I remember I think the game play would hold up better than most new games of today, remember this was an era when it was a lot harder to hide a bad game with fancy graphics and cut scenes you see so much today. There was quite a bit of game play, I doubt you could do a single marathon session and beat it.

I never really played any of the other Star Wars games from that era except X-Wing (I don't know why as I had them all) but based on what I remember I think the game play would hold up better than most new games of today, remember this was an era when it was a lot harder to hide a bad game with fancy graphics and cut scenes you see so much today. There was quite a bit of game play, I doubt you could do a single marathon session and beat it.

Isn't it sad how so many old games are so much better than modern games? D2 will be hard to beat, and that was on windows 95... Really? I had a huge 3GB hard drive, there was no way you could fill that whole thing lmao, same with Fallout 1&2, NFS Underground, (hope they make another one like those ones). If they re-did Fallout and D2 with todays graphics, and touched up the rough edges, they would be nearly unbeatable....

I'm pretty sure D2 wasn't on Win95, it released in 2000. I mean I guess it's possible you were still running Win95 in 2000, but it was likely 98/98se. But I'm just nitpicking. I never played D2, prior to D3 coming out I decided to give it a shot and it didn't hook me. I didn't like the fact that I was essentially stuck with a single build the entire game for one. I think the closest you are going to get is Path of Exile for that type of thing (which has been decently successful IIRC)

I'm pretty sure D2 wasn't on Win95, it released in 2000. I mean I guess it's possible you were still running Win95 in 2000, but it was likely 98/98se. But I'm just nitpicking. I never played D2, prior to D3 coming out I decided to give it a shot and it didn't hook me. I didn't like the fact that I was essentially stuck with a single build the entire game for one. I think the closest you are going to get is Path of Exile for that type of thing (which has been decently successful IIRC)

Probably was on 98, figure I was born in 85, and I was 15 when I first played it, but I don't think we ever had 2000 on our computers, think we had 95 for a while, then 98, then I built my own comp and had XP for many years, until I had to either choose XP, or games, because almost everybody ditched the most amazing OS I've used... 7 isn't bad, but it still isn't XP, 8 can go to hell, you couldn't pay me enough to use 8, well, you could, but it would cost more than a few peoples salaries, same goes for Vista. Sorry for the little rant, now back to talking games lol. Just received my 7970 to replace the 7770, time to go see what Shadows of Mordor looks like with a much better card :p

pretysure we were on win98 still when it came out, might have been on 2000, or ME not sure. my mom was pretty up to date with her OS's (she got me into pc's)

are we talking about PC games or games in general that you'd be willing to pay $100 or more for?

cause I have spent bookoo bucks to play some games

I'd gladly pay $100 to be able to play Inquisition, paid $70 for the game, but then found out my duo core isn't going to run it, have to have a quad core, so I'd much rather pay $100 to be able to play it, than $70 for the game, and $210 for an i5 4690k, though I may hold out to be able to afford an i7 4790k...

$100 for a video game? As someone else has
pointed out, don't give the publishers any ideas,
because they'll do it and still churn out the same
crap, while making sure the developers who actually
do the work don't get much of the additional profit.

The reason I'd pay $100 to play Inq is because the processor I need to be able to play cost $100, not counting the $70 game...

beaucoup. It's a french word.

alright ANOTHER copy of Megaman X3, check it trust me.
Nintendo Produced StarFox 2 (not a repro cart)
Original version of super Mario world on the modified NES cart with co processor
Megaman legends 3 that Capcom cancelled after the game was completed

PROTOTYPES PROTOTYPES PROTOTYPES any drastically different than release prototype game or unreleased game

Back