• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Games I would pay $100 for

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
^^ lol

I paid ~$65 for the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Fancy art booklet and metal case :)
Too bad I don't have a Wii to play it on anymore.
My mom lost my Wii............................. :-/

Other than that, I'd take something special for me to fork out $100 or more for a game.

^^ lol

I paid ~$65 for the Metroid Prime Trilogy. Fancy art booklet and metal case :)
Too bad I don't have a Wii to play it on anymore.
My mom lost my Wii............................. :-/

Other than that, I'd take something special for me to fork out $100 or more for a game.

Was she playing a little too much Super Marius? Lol.

I just bought my son the new skylanders game.
sky.JPG

You can finish the game with the starter pack but to access all the content you need to buy more of the characters and they are about 15 bucks each at Costco.

I think the last version of this game (Skylanders Swapforce) ended up being over 400 bucks by the end of it.

The things we do for our kids..........

I think if they did a wild west Assassin's Creed, I'd pay $100, figure there are very very few western games, Gun was OK, and a friend had I think it was Red Dead Redemption, sound right? That was alright, but I love the AC gameplay, and the wild west is cool, figure through them together...

I also might pay that if NFS could come up with another good game, the last few I've played were absolute crap, loved Carbon, but beat it too many times, Shift's were ok, MW wasn't bad,l but The Run? What was that?

Also, they need to create a Grand Theft Auto, mixed with NFS, and an updated 4x4 Evo. That would be hard to beat... Even if they just did a 4x4 Evo in the style of the good NFS games, there is nothing for the off road industry in gaming, Hummer was ok, but limited, as were both 4x4 Evo's

Are they releasing it? I'm reading a lot of sites saying they are, and others saying they aren't... Any clue?

I think Half-Life 3 is the only game in my list that is in development. It's also the game on my list that I want least out of the 3. Go figure. :/

lol. Yeah, you're probably right. Half-Life 2 episode 2 came out 7 years ago.

How many times would they have had to upgrade the game's graphics to keep up with the times or even upgrade the hardware in their offices?

To be honest, I think the hype that would surround a Half-Life 3 announcement would kill any chance of it being a decent game. People would expect it to revolutionize modern First Person Shooters and to revolutionize storytelling in FPS games.

I don't think Valve is capable of that... but who knows...

lol. Yeah, you're probably right. Half-Life 2 episode 2 came out 7 years ago.

How many times would they have had to upgrade the game's graphics to keep up with the times or even upgrade the hardware in their offices?

To be honest, I think the hype that would surround a Half-Life 3 announcement would kill any chance of it being a decent game. People would expect it to revolutionize modern First Person Shooters and to revolutionize storytelling in FPS games.

I don't think Valve is capable of that... but who knows...

Like Diablo 2 huh? I looked forward to that for about a decade, played it for half an hour, and was very glad I rented it for my PS3 instead of buying it... But I also desperately wanted Fallout 3, and though I still very much prefer 2, the new Fallout games have all still been good games, and rather true to their ancestors, very unlike Diablo... Couldn't believe it. Gotta be the biggest disappointment ever. Though after DA Origins, DA 2 was quite disappointing also, but I hear they made up for it in Inq

Like Diablo 2 huh? I looked forward to that for about a decade, played it for half an hour, and was very glad I rented it for my PS3 instead of buying it... But I also desperately wanted Fallout 3, and though I still very much prefer 2, the new Fallout games have all still been good games, and rather true to their ancestors, very unlike Diablo... Couldn't believe it. Gotta be the biggest disappointment ever. Though after DA Origins, DA 2 was quite disappointing also, but I hear they made up for it in Inq

Diablo 3 you mean?

If so, yes. It sucked, and the game's (head dev?) was fired after basically telling his boss to f off via "twitter".
D2 on the other hand? Huge success.

Try Path of Exile instead - it's the spiritual successor to Diablo 2 - and it much better than D3.

Diablo 3 you mean?

If so, yes. It sucked, and the game's (head dev?) was fired after basically telling his boss to f off via "twitter".
D2 on the other hand? Huge success.

Try Path of Exile instead - it's the spiritual successor to Diablo 2 - and it much better than D3.

I'll have to check that out. Yeah, loved D2, but 3 was horrible, no character customization, other than choosing class or anything...

I'll have to check that out. Yeah, loved D2, but 3 was horrible, no character customization, other than choosing class or anything...

I have not played it as I can't play online games with my latency (700ms+)
My friend plays it and I've watched him - very cool game :)

The only thing I think I would drop $100 on outright would be a remake of X-Wing with today's graphics and original game play. There are probably some games somewhere I'd pay $100 for with DLC add ons but not many. I tend to wait til major games go on sale (curse you steam) before buying them.

The only thing I think I would drop $100 on outright would be a remake of X-Wing with today's graphics and original game play. There are probably some games somewhere I'd pay $100 for with DLC add ons but not many. I tend to wait til major games go on sale (curse you steam) before buying them.

I was just looking up how much it would cost to buy Tie Fighter off of GoG. It's $10. I never got the chance to play the 1994 version because I was kind of 2 years old at the time. Would the game hold up? As far as the story goes? Or would the game play just be too god awful to have to chug through?

Back