• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Win 7 Pro 64 Bit. Product Key Will Not Work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrank001

I just got off a chat session with Omini Tech Support. I have 2 valid copies of MS OS. I'm in a new build with a new SSD. My Product Keys wont work. They want me to pay them to help me. The guy said I need to go into the hierarchy level to correct. WTH? Can someone help me understand?

They are not Microsoft. They provide remote tech support. A direct quote from their website:

"DISCLAIMER: omnitechsupport.com is an independent service provider of remote tech support. Third party trademarks, brand names, products and services is only referential and Omni Tech Support hereby disclaims any sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement of or by any such third party."

Not McDonald's:

NotMcDonald's1.jpg

Not McDonald's:

NotMcDonald's2.jpg

McDonald's!?!?1?!?!:

NotMcDonald's3.jpg
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I hunnno... maybe? :D

Microsoft:

Microsoft.png

Not Microsoft:

OmniTech.png

I have this issue with my student copies of W7 every single time I do a fresh install.

You need to an install, and then when you get to the part where it wants the key but keeps saying it's invalid, immediately restart the process of the install by resetting the computer and forcing it to boot from your dvd (DO NOT LET IT GET BACK TO THE POINT OF ASKING YOU FOR THE KEY). You will DELETE the install you just did, BUT DO NOT REFORMAT THE PARTITION.

You will then proceed with the install like normal, and it should accept your key. I have no idea why it does this, but it's very annoying.

I have this issue with my student copies of W7 every single time I do a fresh install.

You need to an install, and then when you get to the part where it wants the key but keeps saying it's invalid, immediately restart the process of the install by resetting the computer and forcing it to boot from your dvd (DO NOT LET IT GET BACK TO THE POINT OF ASKING YOU FOR THE KEY). You will DELETE the install you just did, BUT DO NOT REFORMAT THE PARTITION.

You will then proceed with the install like normal, and it should accept your key. I have no idea why it does this, but it's very annoying.

You can also go through with the install, call Microsoft's automated system, put in a series of numbers, and then you're activated.

Maybe I misunderstood OP, but I don't think he is able to boot into windows to get to the registration point where you call MS - my understanding is that it won't accept the product key during the actual installation process. I haven't found a way to get around that other than the process I posted.

Oh interesting, my student versions don't have that option. :eek:

God that would have saved me so many headaches. Ok OP, do his idea.

Yes. I had to call for two recent installs I just did this week. I used two separate copies of Win 7 Pro that I have keys for. I skipped the part where it asked for the key and finished the loading process. Then I had the fun part of calling MS to activate my product key speaking with Habibe in India. They did it for me but it's just a hassel. I also have the student version. The prompt said it can only be used for updating not a clean install.

Maybe I misread it, but that seems to describe exactly what I'm talking about.

Does this process work with an upgrade disc for windows 8?

Back