• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[Scratch Build] ROG V-3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
UPDATE 8

Finally, over Christmas I had a little time to move forward in some way. Now the computer is at a stage where everything is painted and it would be only a few times to drill, but no major adjustments. Thus, perhaps, If I ever did not do a big mistake in the design. :D

First I mounted reservoir into the front part of the frame, sitting exactly as I wanted, so the first major relief :)

5.jpg

Rear view, ie from inside the case.

6.jpg

7.jpg

Before Christmas packages also arrived from Germany, one from Be Quiet! and the second from Aquatuning.de.

bq.jpg

I would like to really thank the company Be Quiet! for products sent to this project!

I received source STRAIGHT POWER 10 CM 800W and 4 pieces of fan Silent Wings 2.

1.jpg

Packing fans is at a very high level, but also in this price range can not wait about anything else.

2.jpg

It's my first experience with fans Be Quiet! a promise from them great power, and the quiet and smooth operation.

3.jpg

The source is a semi modular, 24pin is fixed and the other cables are modular.

4.jpg

Fan in itself already has the latest fan-type Silent Wings 3, which is unfortunately not yet on the market. Since I expect mostly quiet and stable power supply.

5.jpg

ss.jpg

I would like to really thank the company AquaTuning.de for products sent to this project!

I received radiators XT45 and UT60, both in size 240 mm. Also stop button Phobya, to cables and PWM splitter for fans. I can not forget the pump that will propel the entire water circuit - VPP655, or certified version of the popular Laing D5, but at a lower price.

8.jpg

I decided to mount directly to fans and radiators fitted straight into the chassis.
First radiator that will go to the bottom of the cabinet - XT45 240 mm.

9.jpg

Here are both radiators with installed fans.

10.jpg

11.jpg

The lower radiator fits well in place.

1.jpg

2.jpg

The upper radiator thicker UT60 also in place.

3.jpg

A look at both installed radiators. Next time we will continue with the installation! :)

4.jpg

This is the last update in this year, so I wish each of you a successful start to the New Year and Merry rest off!
:)

UPDATE 9

Even during the Christmas break I worked a bit on the things that must be completed prior to assembling cabinets and computer composition. I first assembled Alphacool pump with a Bitspower TOP and Mod KIT - such relaxing work :D

10.jpg

First I removed the pump but the back cover I had access to cables and could be easily sleeved. At the pump, I chose only black sleeving.

11.jpg

Then there was nothing to prevent it, to pump assembled together with the top.

12.jpg

13.jpg

At the top they are then just using 4 screws mounted in the holder, then of course I'll have to think of how in the cabinet will put it there because the place is there so little that I did not expect. : D

Also arrived last longer sponsorship package, but also very important for tuning all the details - and mainly consisted of cabling :)

icm.png

I would like to really thank Iceland company IceModz for products sent to this project!

I received a sufficient source footage material in 4 different colors. Also, several connectors and cables pre-made, especially for disk, lighting and pump.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I first flew upon the PCIE cables. Somehow I do not understand why there gives Be Quiet! blue connectors, but there is no problem to replace the black. To this work I watched the movie and fun (sometimes nerves :D) sleeving the cables.

At first I tried several variations but what color scheme to choose, here are the most interesting.

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Finally, I chose the theme and power cables for video cards did this. In the next days I'll go on the 24 pin CPU power, sata power and I will add here some better pictures of braided cables. :)

8.jpg

UPDATE 10

So today, I got a little more interesting update, I've progressed to the mounting block to the board and beehives and I also placed first in the closet water cooling components, ie the pump.

The first block, I decided to mount the block on the motherboard. Bitspower supplies in this kit and heatsink South Bridge, but visually I really did not sit down, so he returns to the box :D

2.jpg

First, it was necessary to remove original cooler and pads underneath.

3.jpg

4.jpg

Then it was nothing to prevent the stick on the plate thermally conductive pads from the radiator and cooler Bitspower mount.

5.jpg

Next came a series of memory ...

6.jpg

Because the block to memory must mounted with M2.5 screws must also remember the actual install suitable cooler. For using the dryer, I removed the original HyperX memory coolers and cleansed.

7.jpg

Again, followed by installation supplied Bitspower cases and coolers.

8.jpg

Just snap frames for the board and install a water block itself :)

9.jpg

Last time I promised more pictures of braided cables. Of course, I sleeved only the cables that I need - 24 pin, 8 pin for board, 2x 8 pin graphics and SSD power cord.

17.jpg

Here it is a complete composition of case yet but of course without the cover panels.

10.jpg

11.jpg

Space for expansion tank, pump, drive source, and on the top is radiator of course.

12.jpg

After installing the PSU I was a bit horrified, really there at the pump is little space ..

13.jpg

14.jpg

Quite a long time, I was infuriated with the placement of the pump: D This place is not so little in the end it was not, but I had to put the pump so that they can be naturally connect the hose to the reservoir. Then, in order to give stretch hose to the bottom of the radiator and last but not least there I could place a drain port. Finally I did it and I found the pump location. I drilled 4 holes and pump is mounted :)

15.jpg

16.jpg

For today, it's all in the course of the week I'll go on creating water circuit above ground. By this I mean that I have to think of how all those blocks actually get in touch with tubing .. :)

Sub'd. Nice work man, quality all the way. The reservoir is a beautiful piece.

UPDATE 11

Slowly but surely, the project nearly completes itself :D I think that in two weeks by a computer could be ready and fully functional :) I had originally planned completion in mid-January, so it is quite according to plan :)

Last time I installed on a motherboard block on MOSFETs and HyperX RAM with a water block. Now, of course, remains a processor ..
For better access for mounting CPU I took RAMS out for a while.

1.jpg

The processor on the spot and water block also a moment I'm still wondering about connecting tubing and making nice looking loop.

2.jpg

Then I went back to the board and put back RAMs...

3.jpg

.. And mounted a water block using four M3 screws.

4.jpg

Then started to me the most enjoyable activities :D contrive how to connect all the blocks with tubing and fittings .. As I wrote above, I was not just a link, but mainly about how it will look. I tried to avoid oblique connections, which I did, but I had to try a lot of variants :D Here is the "winning".

5.jpg

Then I mounted motherboard temporary on plate and invented a way to lead bushings in the rear of the case.

6.jpg

This, of course, I did not work much time was enough to drew where the bushing have center and then drill.

8.jpg

9.jpg

The bushings also have a O-ring as the other fittings, so that the holding plate nicely .

10.jpg

11.jpg

I mounted a plate to plate and I tried to put it in the case how will look like inside. Result judge for yourself :)

13.jpg

12.jpg

15.jpg

In the next update already will be connecting loop by tubes and hoses in some parts ... And then slowly loop will be able to fill, perhaps :D Stay tuned! :)

UPDATE 12

Today we have one of the latest updates. In fact, generally about penultimate and last terms of construction. The water circuit is complete, the case of course (except for the cover sheets).
By the end of this month you can expect the final photos, maybe next week ... ;)

After installing blocks, fittings and bushings on the water I put in tubes. Not very many, because it is quite a small circle, but despite that I gave some of them take a lot :D

1.jpg

Here is the tube, which caused problems. The cpu block to the mosfet block. It is very short so did not go normally put into fittings. It did not in any way, so I had to remove the cpu block, put the tube back and install cpu block back ..

2a.jpg

Linking RAM block with grommet.

4.jpg

"Input" in the circle, passing the liquid will flow into the circuit board above the water. It must be like this because CPU block has a clearly defined, which is opening IN and OUT that.

5.jpg

And here is the "output" of heading back to the rear of the case where the source, pump etc ..

6.jpg

This long pipe is not seen through the video card that covers both tube and part of the base.

7.jpg

I tried to temporarily place the board and graphics card, including its mounting, and it seems that everything fits properly and it will pass. :)

8.jpg

9.jpg

The closet was a bit dusty and mostly there was enough hair from cats ..:D

10.jpg

But even the hairs of course not prevent me to install sheet metal case with the motherboard and graphics card. The first time I could see how it will look like ..

11.jpg

Before I could assemble everything and finish, I had yet protahat 24-pin cable from the power supply to the motherboard ..

12.jpg

Then came the first problem, as I watched the graphics in the cabinet and its connection to the circuit and pipe CPU block to graphics was crooked, not much .. But given that all other tubes are "straight", so it was as sore thumb. So I had to circle a little revamp and link otherwise. The change was only in the long tube that did not go to block the plate, but went to the CPU block. Then the graphics card will be connected to the block plate and the other end into the memory block.

14.jpg

Graphic circuit to connect to the last, first I had to finish the rest of the circuit through the hoses (I can not imagine how I would do it with acrylic tubing :D ). I also joined fans and everything else.

15.jpg

I do not know why, but I very like this tube into the radiator :D

16.jpg

The next time that remains just slide holder with graphics in case, connect two pipes and we are done!

As I wrote at the beginning, soon you can expect the final pictures! :)

FINAL PHOTOS!

I think there is nothing else to say.. Judge for yourself how my project looks finished and write your opinions :thumb: :)

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

SPONSORS

Again I must mention great companies which supports me and believe in me. Thanks!

rog.jpg

[url]http://www.asus.cz [/URL]
ASUS Maximus VII GENE
ASUS GTX780Ti DCII

ss.jpg

[url]http://www.aquatuning.cz [/URL]

ALPHACOOL NexXxoS XT45 Full Copper 240 mm
ALPHACOOL NexXxoS UT60 Full Copper 240 mm
ALPHACOOL VPP655 - single edition

bp.jpg

[url]http://www.bitspower.com [/URL]

The complete water cooling - blocks, fittings
TOP for the pump
Mod Kit for D5 pump

hypX.png

[url]http://www.kingston.com [/URL]

HyperX SSD 3k 240 GB
HyperX RAM 16GB Black Fury

bq.jpg

[url]http://www.bequiet.com [/URL]
6x Silent Wings 2 120 mm
Power 850W Zone

icm.png

[url]http://www.icemodz.com [/URL]

Sleeving, cabling

plx.png

[url]http://www.plexi.cz [/URL]

Czech company MK Plexi

This is one of my favorite builds L4mka! Turned out truly amazing.

Features I love about this build.
  • 24 pin power cord passing through the MoBo tray.
  • using fitting to pass H2O through MoBo tray.
  • Rotated graphics card.
  • Trim color between inner and outer panels.
  • Nice suttle lighting. Doesn't overpower any one aspect of the build.

Questions:

Did you plan on using plexi for the front/side opening or is it there and I just can't see it?

Did you consider removing or modding the GPU mounting plate so that it doesn't stick through the back of the case?

Did you not add an I/O panel to keep the build clean looking?

This is a beautiful build and please don't interpret these questions as criticism. Just curious. Thanks for sharing.

It never ceases to amaze me how a talented few can take a handful of parts with very few differences (aesthetically) between make and model can create such wonderful and unique expressions. Beautifully gone , L4mka. I admire your vision and respect your ability to share it. Thanks !

Wow, that turned out to be an amazing, beautiful build. Very well done!

Thank you! It turned out exactly what I have been expecting :)

What type of connector did you use to plug in the GPU?

It is called PCIE Riser. Exactly this http://ebay.to/1GCJhdV :) Cheap but work perfectly!

This is one of my favorite builds L4mka! Turned out truly amazing.

Features I love about this build.
  • 24 pin power cord passing through the MoBo tray.
  • using fitting to pass H2O through MoBo tray.
  • Rotated graphics card.
  • Trim color between inner and outer panels.
  • Nice suttle lighting. Doesn't overpower any one aspect of the build.

Questions:

Did you plan on using plexi for the front/side opening or is it there and I just can't see it?

Did you consider removing or modding the GPU mounting plate so that it doesn't stick through the back of the case?

Did you not add an I/O panel to keep the build clean looking?

This is a beautiful build and please don't interpret these questions as criticism. Just curious. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for your list and questions! :)

1. Plexi is there, but not at the photos. Because I am not so good photographer and with plexi there was lot of reflections on them in photos.
2. I was not thinking about it.
3. I/O panel is there. Can be seen in this photo http://cmdesk.eu/rogv3/finals/14.jpg

I hope these answers will be satisfactory for you.

Sweet Build ........ WOW

Thank you! :)

It never ceases to amaze me how a talented few can take a handful of parts with very few differences (aesthetically) between make and model can create such wonderful and unique expressions. Beautifully gone , L4mka. I admire your vision and respect your ability to share it. Thanks !

No words... Thanks for this nice comment! :)

Back