• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help to increase gpu voltage under load on 750 ti

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stimpen

I have a gigabyte 750 ti card that I´m trying to overclock. I have reached max clocking at the stock voltage setting which appears to be 1.181V under load. My problem is that I am unable to increase the gpu voltage. I have tried with MSI afterburner, nvidia inspector and gigabyte OC GURU 2. I can change the value for the core voltage in these programs but when I put the card under load it still goes up to 1.181V no matter what values I put in.

As the TDP was on 80-90% most of the time peaking up to max 96% I did not think the power limit was any problem. But still I have increased the power limit in the BIOS with kepler bios tweaker from 46.2W to 65W and flashed the card. But still I cant alter the core voltage with any program it´s fixed at 1.181V under load. I have also extracted the bios after the flashing to check that the flash was successful and it was. The only difference is that TDP in gpuz now show 50-60% under load compared to before when it showed 80-90%. But at least the power limit should not be any problem now.

I guess I have to alter the voltage table with kepler bios tweaker but I cant really figure out how that one works. There are two columns and there is only values on some clocks and I cant find any relevant values equal or close to 1.181V.
I have been reading up on the kgb tool as well but I don´t really understand what voltage that tool changes? Is it the maximum or sets a fixed voltage used all the time no matter what the load is?

Is there any kind soul out there who can help me proceed because I have been trying to increase the voltage for two days now with no luck :(.

Here is the TDP values I changed with Kepler bios tweaker (the added text in the pictures is Swedish because I have tried to get help on a Swedish forum as well but no luck yet):
power.jpg

Here is the voltage table were I think I have to change something to get the card to run at 1.2V under load, but I can´t figure out how it works with two setting for each clock or multiplier and there are only values for some of the cloks/multipliers:
voltage_table.jpg

And here is my target that I want to increase:
gpuzvMKBZ.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know but I wanted to give you a free bump to move this back to the top. My educated guess is that you may have to do a voltage mod by soldering wires from one point to another instead of relying on BIOS and software settings.

:bump:

*edit*: If this card does not have an external power connector meaning it is not plugged in to the power supply directly, you may have hit the upper limit of the card. If I have my facts straight, this is the fastest video card that doesn't require an external power boost. If I'm right, pulling too much power from your mother board could prove fatal.

Ah hello good sir. Thank you for the bump but I have been able to increase the voltage, I just have not had the time to post here that the problem was solved. I'm lucky to have a 750 card with the external power supply. But the way to increase the voltage is to modify the voltage table in the bios. I don't fully understand it and by changing just the voltages the card by itself started to run at higher multipliers, but I managed to get the card running at 1.2v and to adjust the max frequency.

So now I run the card at 1.2v under load only at a frequency of 1437mhz on the GPU and 6600mhz(1650 in cpuz) on the memory. I was up on 1450mhz but my card was not stable there. Maybe I could go higher on the memory but I think I stay at these number for now.
I get about 20% better results in unigima heaven compared to what I got at stock settings.

Increasing voltage of 750 ti

Ah hello good sir. Thank you for the bump but I have been able to increase the voltage, I just have not had the time to post here that the problem was solved. I'm lucky to have a 750 card with the external power supply. But the way to increase the voltage is to modify the voltage table in the bios. I don't fully understand it and by changing just the voltages the card by itself started to run at higher multipliers, but I managed to get the card running at 1.2v and to adjust the max frequency.

So now I run the card at 1.2v under load only at a frequency of 1437mhz on the GPU and 6600mhz(1650 in cpuz) on the memory. I was up on 1450mhz but my card was not stable there. Maybe I could go higher on the memory but I think I stay at these number for now.
I get about 20% better results in unigima heaven compared to what I got at stock settings.

Hi, just wondering if you could post how to mod the voltage using Kepler Bios Tweaker?

I see you have managed to do this. At the moment, I have increased TDP to 65.5 watts. It is boosting to around 1400mhz and vram is 1600mhz with no issues with stability and temp. It looks like I need to get the voltage up from the current max limit of 1.131 to (say) 1.2 or 1.3 to go higher as I am hitting the voltage limit accroding to Kombuster and Afterburner.

I have the same issue with Kepler. I can see where the voltage settings are, but I'm not sure which ones (all or just some) to modify and I don't want to make a mistake and kill the card!

I am using an MSI Gaming OC edition.

Last edited:
Back