• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange happenings with Asus Z87- Plus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Razor464

Hi All

Long time lurker first time poster but my mobo is driving me nuts.

Firstly here is my setup i7 4770k at stock, 8gb corsair vengeance, noctua dh-14 cooler, Asus z87-plus mobo, gtx 770 and corsair 650watt psu.

Ok to my problem. I've had this comp a few months and i like to overclock the cpu. I updated my bios before starting and got to work. Here is where the strange things happen. I change my core ratio to say 42 to begin with and go with 1.2 volts and reboot. All is fine, i run Aida 64 and can see its running at 4.2ghz, so i decide to push it.

I go back into the bios and change to 44 on the ratio then reboot, i save and get it to boot but the aida64 says in still running at 3.5ghz. So when i go back to bios it has defaulted my settings to 3.5ghz. Sometimes even though it has saved my settings in bios aida64 or cpuz still say im at 3.5ghz. I just dont get it?? One time the bios defaulted it back to 34 on the ratio and put the blk clock up. I have overclocked before but this is driving me a bit mad.

Anyone got any ideas??

Thanks for your time :)

Back