• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Parvum owners, need an advice on WC!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AlRayes_BRN

Registered
Hey guys,

I just ordered the Parvum S2.0 mATX case, I wanted the case to be an air-cooled case but then changed my mind to water-cooling.

The problem is I don't know jack about water-cooling, I know how to build a PC but never bought any water-cooling parts.

I'd appreciate it if someone helps me choose all the parts necessary to build my loop, money is not an issue.

Parts Ordered:
Case: Parvum S2.0
Fans: 2x Corsair AF120 Red LED PWM, 2x Corsair SP120, 3x 80mm Enermax Red
Processor: Intel 4970k
Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Gene
Ram: G.Skill Trident X 32GB 2400Mhz
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified
Storage: 2x Samsung 840 Evo SSDs
PSU: Corsair AX860i
Sound Card:Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z
Cables: Corsair AXi series red sleeved cables
Cable Management: Ensourced 3D printed wire wraps

Please note that the case is Black/Red, (like the picture below), so all watercooling parts need to be black matte and red. (Im doing an ROG project)

Combo pump/res is preferable

CA-005-PS_85160_350.jpg

Last edited:
:welcome: to OCFs.

Please take the time and read our Water Cooling Stickies in yellow. Take your time and read up on what it takes to have a watercooling rig. It might seem like alot of info but it is essential and important before taking the dive.

A simple search of your case brought my attention to this forum post of someone doing a watercooling project with that particular case. Building it in a mATX case can be challenging, let alone just doing H20 in general but after your first attempt, it will be much easier as you will learn along the way.

Here's a great video I advise watching and also reading up on the stickies.

Last edited:
Thanks GTX, his case has a 3x 120 fans openings on top, i only have 2x 120.

Last edited:
Could have saved some change on parts surely (32gb?? 980 classy??) but a beastly build!

What parts are you planning on cooling? Cpu only or gpu too?

Def. Take a look at the water cooling stickies so you have an idea what you are doing and what you need to build it. Maybe then post up a high level parts list and we can tweak it together from there. :)

Welcome!!!

Thank you for posting Earthdog, after a lot of thinking I guess ill stick to air cooling for GPU and a h105 for cpu. Im not a good overclocker and thats why I bought the 980 classy, ill start a build log tomorrow on the build log section and itll also be helpful for people who want to buy the case and use air instead of water.

Keep an eye on the build log section, you can help me with suggestions on the build and maybe drop in some overclocking tips!

Why the 180 on water cooling? We are here for ya!

At a high level I'd want at minimum 2x120mm worth of radiator, preferably 3x1200 for quieter operation... Assuming cpu amd gpu are in the loop.

If you want cpu only 2x120 is fine.

Hmmm .. okay the issue is o dont know how to choose the right parts for my build .. especially when it comes to bronze and nickle stuff

Last edited:
Those guides we have will tell you about mixed metals.in a loop and what.you can and cannot do... ;)

oh man .. spent hours reading different DO and DON'Ts .. I've listed some parts as a potential buy buy will share with you guys to see if everything is ok.

I wanted the EKWB Red water block for the CPU but it was nickel and all the radiators I saw were copper .. so changed my mind to XSPC water block.

Here is the list of the stuff I shortlisted:

Loop Metal: Copper

CPU Water Block: RayStorm CPU WaterBlock (Intel)

CPU Water Block Face Plate: RayStorm Intel Faceplate (Red)

Radiators: Alphacool NexXxoS ST30 Full Copper 240mm

Pump/Res Combo: EK-XRES 100 D5 Vario (incl. pump)

Coolant: EK-Ekoolant Blood RED (premix 1000mL)

Don't know if that pump comes with its stand or not.

I didn't choose the fittings and tubes because I didn't know the correct sizes, I know G1/4 is a standard but the tube inner measurements are different. Id appreciate it if you guys can help.

I also found these fittings but didn't know what to choose from (Also a plug is needed): Bitspower Carbon Black Fittings

Thanks! :)

I am not sure what the right size for a mATX should be so I won't get too much into that but I will say you should steer away from color fluids because you know your stuff will stain and be a pain. In order to keep it under control, you would need to do complete tear down and wash every 2-3 months with that colored "stuff" otherwise as I usually advise to go with distilled water and kill coil with PrimoChill Advanced LRT with color of you choice, assuming Bloodshed Red would be it.

The only metal you should steer away from is aluminum, otherwise the rest should be fine.

You could take a look at a DDC motor, MCP-35x since they have a low profile.

Take a look at this list to see if you can find a place near you that can supply most of water cooling gear unless you're willing to grab it all from a US retailer like Frozencpu or Performancepcs. Not sure how much the shipping and dues will be for you.

Yup going to order all the stuff from frozencpu. I have a US address from a shipping company, they forward all the items to my address in my country (all my pc hardware are from newegg and amazon)

I read about dyes in water loops and you are correct, will change the coolant to something else. I need to find a red res or a one with a red LED

Last edited:
Yup going to order all the stuff from frozencpu. I have a US address from a shipping company, they forward all the items to my address in my country (all my pc hardware are from newegg and amazon)

Awesome. Than you should just grab everything from Frozencpu. Should save you the headaches as you have a huge selection. :salute:

I read about dyes in water loops and you are correct, will change the coolant to something else. I need to find a red res or a one with a red LED

Distilled water from a local place or grab some from the states and a silver kill coil.

As for the reservoirs, assuming you're sticking with a tube res combo pump, take a look at this listing. 7 pages of reservoirs/pump combos with some red reservoirs in there.

Back