• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Radiator fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kylesims

So, I just found out Scythe and Nidec had a fallingout and the Gentle Typhoon fans are no longer being produced. I'm behind the times, I know.

Long story short, I had an issue with my a glass of OJ, my video card, and my VGA block. i'm now replacing my videocard and figure while I'm at it, I'll go ahead and replace my tubing and finally get the quick disconnects.. And my fans having been making some noises as of late, likely starting to go out. They're lowish end Bitfenix fans.

So what I'm wondering is, what are the fans people are getting instead of the GTs? I've been reading some reviews on the Noctua NF-F12's, and they look good, but the reviews are two or so years old. I would also think their 'focused flow' feature is only beneficial if you use the fans in push mode. With the current setup of my case, the fans would be used in pull (The radiator is inside the case, and the fans are mounted 'outside'. I use them in pull, so it doesn't blow dust and crap back in. I use the fans that have filters on them to blow air into the case.)

I also can't seem to find any decent reviews of fans after December of last year, when the GTs were closed out.

As an afterthought.. Once I get my QDCs in, and dismantel the loop, I might see how hard it would be to fit the radiator ontop of the case and put the fans inside. My only issue with that, is then the vented cover for the top of the case wouldn't fit... Which, I haven't had it on for 6 months anyways, because I have to occasionally (Often) thump one of the fans to stop it from vibrating.

From what I've read and heard, the Noiseblocker eLoop B12s are the closest thing to the good ol GTs.

Martin did some tests the last fan roundup he's done which included the B12s in the mix and they did really well.

Other members have purchased them and have said how they pull lots of air at low speeds and are completely silent.

Awesome, awesome.. You spoke music to my ears. Pulling lots of air, quiet. I'll see if I can find Martins tests too. Thanks much

Back