• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

adding to my loop need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamerking

Registered
i bought the EKWB L240 kit awhile and now i want to add in another rad probably a 360/420mm and a gpu block for 970 . i have 3/8 5/8 ek tubing with ek compression fittings . also have a kill coil
will the pump (dcc 2.2 ek ) that came with the kit i bought will it be good enough to have all that in 1 loop or will i have to buy a standalone pump .

these are my specs
right now i have res > pump/res combo > cpu > rad 240mm > res
i want to do it res > pump > rad 240mm > cpu > gpu >rad 360/480mm >res

if i need a new pump is this a good one pump
should i got with variable speed control or non speed control ?

if i run the return not into the side but into the top of the swiftech micro res will the top part of my loop drain from the cpu/ rad up from gravity and will that cause problems? .since it would be less tubes i dont have to run around the gpu then back around it .

and if i wanted to add in a drain port since i dont have one right now. what do i need to add one does anyone have suggestions for tubing, are all the tubing plasticizer free now ?

Last edited:
no need for 2 radiators, just go CPU->gpu->reservoir->pump->radiator->cpu(repeat). Your 240 rad may handle this just fine if it's a double pass flat copper tubed not super thin one with decent airflow. Tests have shown that in that magic anything +.75 gallon per minute zone, the water does not get that much warmer with the heat from the cpu (it's just so dense, like a white hot fire poker put in a regular size pot of ambient temp water isn't going to warm it up that much but sure cools the poker quick).

So for your big questions, stick with the single large radiator, 360 style but thinner to reduce noise\pressure = better airflow in a strictly gasketed PULL fan setup. The 655 (non variable, no real need) is a reliable work horse and an excellent choice.

For your res situation: use the reservoir as directed with the return coming in the side, as to not have the bubbles pinned between water pressure and lightness (just don't do it, you'll be ticked you wasted your time and or have to rotate your computer for a few hours to get the bubbles out.

Top Barb = Fill port: barb, tube, and swiftech fill.
Top side barb = return from GPU
Bottom Side Barb = Barb with tubing and plug for draining
Bottom barb = return to pump (should be about 4-6" from inlet to avoid resucking bubbles depending on how vertical you get it)

Should have no problem mounting your res where the 750d page shows the ATX connector coming in from behind the boad placement, the pump on or where the upper 3.5" cage is, fill tube to your liking (may cut hole in top for ease or tuck in and tape to 5.25" bay cover for easy with some extra tubing so you're not filling over your drives) and it'll end up looking like this but with a tub from cpu to gpu and gpu to a res then res to pump in the front :D Tygon tubing, compression barbs, angled barbs if\where needed, remember to always assemble and leak test first BEFORE putting it in your case with your hardware.

Post pics and let us know how it goes! :welcome:

http://cdn.overclock.net/3/3d/500x1000px-LL-3d1a2521_3.jpeg

Back