• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Frustrated with GTX 970 and nVidia drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brolloks

Benching Senior on Siesta, Premium Member #8
I just got my new Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 to replace an aging AMD R9 290, installed card and booted up into Win 7 just fine without installing drivers, as soon I install nVidia drivers 344.65 I get a black screen after initial Win logo, removed card, uninstall drivers using another card, put card back in, again no problem with no drivers, tried older 344.60 the same thing no signal after Win logo, used a DP cable and the HDMI and both same issue, what the hell!!

Anyone came across this, fixes, found some threads on this issue but no fixes as yet

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...44-16-and-11-on-displayport-with-gtx980-sc/1/

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...ost-bios-windows-boot-on-displayport-monitor/

No issues on my Gigabyte GTX970. The same, friend with WF3 version is not complaining. Are you using my BIOS ? I know that new drivers are weird. Try to perform "clean installation" if it won't help then best would be to check it on a clean system. Probably you have any free drive around to install fresh Win7 + new nvidia driver and chipset driver.

344.60 and 344.65. On both is acting the same.
You can also try to flash other BIOS, even if it's not corrupted. Driver is reading many things from BIOS and is modifying some settings so every card on the same BIOS can have different settings in OS. Some cards had updated BIOS and marked as new revision as there were problems. I've heard it mainly about MSI and EVGA but also someone mentioned that about GB ( I don't remember where, OCN or some other forums ).
I think it's more driver issue than the card as the same issues had some users with 344.16 when it was released.

Last edited:
Back