• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus 4K monitor, hook up question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BruceUSA

I have a itching in get 3 Asus PB287Q 4K monitor but I have question, hope some one here can help me understand better. I attach a screen shot pic here. I like to run eyefinity with 3 of these monitor. But I am not clear how do you hook this up to get true 4k eyefinity? It said to get true 4K UHD is to connect via Display Port 1.2 . I am running 2X R9 290X crossfire.

I attach 2 pic here, so you know what I am talking about.

Attachments

• 4k monitor.jpg
    4k monitor.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 141
  • R9 290x.jpg
    R9 290x.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 121
DisplayPort for two of the monitors and HDMI for the third is the best you can do. Getting a good framerate on three 4K displays at once is going to be a challenge.

You can get 30Hz with HDMI 1.4 and 60hz with DP. If this is for a productivity machine, then it'll be a nice setup...but forget about gaming unless it's browser gaming.

DisplayPort for two of the monitors and HDMI for the third is the best you can do. Getting a good framerate on three 4K displays at once is going to be a challenge.

Can't use 2 DP port. Eyefinity have to be connected 3 monitors in 1 card. It can not use the 2nd card's DP port as part of eyefinity setup.

You can get 30Hz with HDMI 1.4 and 60hz with DP. If this is for a productivity machine, then it'll be a nice setup...but forget about gaming unless it's browser gaming.

So, I am out of luck for 4k eyefinity 60hz.

ps. I found this youtube video eyefinity 4k. So, he must be using 30hz ?

Last edited:
So, I am out of luck for 4k eyefinity 60hz.

ps. I found this youtube video eyefinity 4k. So, he must be using 30hz ?

Correct. Unfortunately the monitor doesn't have HDMi 2.0 which would allow 60Hz. Can only get it with DP or running 2-HDMI cables/screen

Last edited:
Correct. Unfortunately the monitor doesn't have HDMi 2.0 which would allow 60Hz. Can only get it with DP or running 2-HDMI cables/screen

I am going to hold off 4k monitor purchase. Until they release a 4k monitor with HDMI 2.0. Can any one expect the release of HDMI 2.0?

- - - Updated - - -

Don't forget to grab a 3rd 290x for that setup. ;)

If it needs 3 290x, then it will be 3 290X :)

Back