• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Far Cry 4 installer is huge!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

King107s

Just preloaded Far Cry 4 and it took up 30.9 GB on my SSD! Just a fair warning to anyone about to download the game. At least the download rates were good for me got about 4.5-7.0 MB/s.

I'm looking forward to playing this title, just hope my aging system can play it smoothly.

I think your system will be fine. I think I read that settings like yours should be able to run it on high, the game engine I believe is the same as the one from FC3.

^ Ahh thats why a gtx970 can run it nicely on Ultra @1920x1200. I disliked FC2 & FC3, mostly because Ubisoft seems to half-finish games. But after a few hours this one is shaping up nicely.

FWIW King107s, the new Wolfenstein games asks for 50GB..

So far I'm enjoying FC4. It plays exactly like FC3 which I really enjoyed as well. There are a few QOL type improvements, but unfortunately they carried forward some glitches from FC3. Specifically the AI seems to be able to detect silent kills even when well beyond their FOV, just like previously. Also, just like FC3, shooting from behind cover is a lost cause, the textures of lots of rocks, etc are smaller than their actual boundaries so bullets collide even when they shouldn't.

Still though, it has everything I liked from FC3 and a few added bonuses, great game so far!

I've got it downloaded, but haven't played yet. Still going with AC Unity :)

Man oh man this was way too easy to beat... I didn't even need co-op or guns for hire to take down every single place on the first try.

Man oh man this was way too easy to beat... I didn't even need co-op or guns for hire to take down every single place on the first try.

+1
Even in fully open combat I rarely use anything but the bow.

Easy, but still fun.

Back