• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Watercooling system components

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Giraldez

Hi everybody,
I'm new at watercooling refrigeration systems and I have read all posts about that, but still needing some help.

I have an Intel i7 2600K processor mounted in a Cooler Master Elite 430 Black. I use my pc to work, image and video edition and sometimes to play games.

Don't have a huge budget for a RL system, so I'm looking for a basic kit or to buy that basic components on my own.

My main option are buying an XSPC EX240 Kit for 150$ but tje problem is that I don't like the two bay reservoir with the pump included, I prefer to get the pump and the res separated.

Other option is buy all the components (similar specs to EX240 Kit) on my own, and the problem here is that I don't know what pump should I buy, and if I pick one with similar specs to the XSPC 750 V4 is too much expensive (like 80-90$).

What I should do?
What specs are nice for a pump for a res, CPU waterblock and 240mm radiator?
Can I use for the system an aquarium pump?
Can the pump of the XSPC EX240 Kit afford adding another extra 150mm reservoir? (If it cans I'll buy the EX240 Kit + a 150mm res.

All help and suggestions will be helpful, thanks everybody!!

Ek makes a kit similar to the XSPC kit and it uses a regular reservoir. I'll see if I can find a link to it.

Hi Ray,
I have seen that kits before, but the EKWB 240L (240mm rad, size that I want) is 200$ and in that kit the pump cames in a combo with the res, it´s true that isn´t a bay combo, but I´m looking for a res and a pump independent.

Thanks for your help otherwise

Ooooooh ok my apologies. Have you checked the alphacool kits as well. I thought I had seen a kit somewhere when I was looking at watercooling that had a seperate pump/res but I honestly can't remember and my work computer won't let me look on those sites.

Nahh doesn´t matter man!, I´ll keep looking for it haha.
My main problem is that I´m a student who loves tech and customing my gadgets on my own, so don´t have a nice budget :(

If you lurk around on reddits hardwareswap subreddit for a while you can get nice components.

Ive picked up tons of stuff at great prices.

Ive gotten 3 rads, 2 pumps, a gpu block and a cpu block all dirt cheap on there and half of the stuff is brand new unused stuff someone had from a build they backed out on.

Ive got some stuff but im pretty sure im not allowed to sell stuff outside of the market on here.

the point is that it may take longer but you can probably get every thing you want dirt cheap in a few months of buying when things pop up.

Back