• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Pc, lots of hesitation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The 850 EVO is already out...

And he's fast as hell LOL! He doesn't come out to 120gb? I can only find 250gb here which is a bit pricey for what I had in mind.Anyway, a little update, I thought I could inform u guys since u helped me so much!!Thanks!

i5 4690k
Asus maximus vii impact
Bitfenix Prodigy (Yea, I'll be going for that after all! :D I just like it..)
Gainward gtx 970
Geil Blackdragon 2x4gb 1600MHz (Hope I don't have any compatibility issues)
Coolermaster Seidon 120v (Still thinking about that)
Samsung 840 EVO (or 850 if I just let the SSD purchase later)

Loop:
XSPC Raystorm w/ Red faceplate
XSPC Razor gtx 670 (from XSPC's site it seems they use this for the 970 as well)
1x XSPC EX 240mm Radiator
XSPC Photon 170 res
XSPC/Laining DDC-1T Pro ( initially was thinking of the 1T-Plus, but I don't think I would need that much power in this loop)
Primochill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 1/2" x 3/4" Red (if u have any other suggestions it would be nice)
A bunch of compression fittings and barbs (Bitspower or EKWB)
Bitfenix Recon
2x Noiseblockers Bionic B12-2

Other:
Bitfenix Prodigy Windowed side panel
Silver Coil
2x Red leds for the blocks.

What do you think?

Last edited:
I think that sounds sick. You sure you can fit all that in a Prodigy though? The only photos I've seen of Prodigies with custom loops look really "Hodge podge". idk if you know what that term means since English isn't your first language... I'm not sure what another word is for it... "Messy and out of place" maybe?

It just doesn't look right to me. I think your plans are great but I would maybe think a little more on the case choice personally? Maybe something with more space for all the liquid cooling parts?
Something where you can stretch your legs and not work in a cramped space? Maybe go mATX? You gain the ability to SLI/CFX by doing that. Just some thoughts.

I think that sounds sick. You sure you can fit all that in a Prodigy though? The only photos I've seen of Prodigies with custom loops look really "Hodge podge". idk if you know what that term means since English isn't your first language... I'm not sure what another word is for it... "Messy and out of place" maybe?

It just doesn't look right to me. I think your plans are great but I would maybe think a little more on the case choice personally? Maybe something with more space for all the liquid cooling parts?
Something where you can stretch your legs and not work in a cramped space? Maybe go mATX? You gain the ability to SLI/CFX by doing that. Just some thoughts.

Thx for the reply and the thoughts!
Well, I was originally thinking that things will be tough in such a small case, but that's the challenge! I initially wanted to build a tiny rig with a loop for that purpose. I believe I can fit it all in and it can look great! The only thing that is troubling me at the moment is the choise between Prodigy or Prodigy M. Prodigy M definetely has a bit more space on the back for the res/pump to be installed but it kinda loses the idea of why I chose Prodigy at the first place: the orizontal mounting of the mobo. Guess I gotta think about that.I'm also thinking of going 3/8" / 5/8" tubing for better flow! Just random thoughts at this point.

Thx for the reply and the thoughts!
Well, I was originally thinking that things will be tough in such a small case, but that's the challenge! I initially wanted to build a tiny rig with a loop for that purpose. I believe I can fit it all in and it can look great! The only thing that is troubling me at the moment is the choise between Prodigy or Prodigy M. Prodigy M definetely has a bit more space on the back for the res/pump to be installed but it kinda loses the idea of why I chose Prodigy at the first place: the orizontal mounting of the mobo. Guess I gotta think about that.I'm also thinking of going 3/8" / 5/8" tubing for better flow! Just random thoughts at this point.

Something else to add bulk. I think you should build in the Christmas tradition of go big or go home. Pick up a nice mATX or ATX case and do your liquid cooling jobbie in there. It'll look a lot cleaner as you won't be forced into routing the tubing around some bizarre crackpot design, as is the inside of the prodigy IMO.

Something else to add bulk. I think you should build in the Christmas tradition of go big or go home. Pick up a nice mATX or ATX case and do your liquid cooling jobbie in there. It'll look a lot cleaner as you won't be forced into routing the tubing around some bizarre crackpot design, as is the inside of the prodigy IMO.

Haha.. You really don't like the mini builds or particularly Prodigy? :p

Haha.. You really don't like the mini builds or particularly Prodigy? :p

I love mini builds. I hate the prodigy. mITX is my favorite form factor. But that doesn't mean it has no limitations. Smaller rads to fit smaller cases. Less rads in a case, smaller reservoir, etc. And it just looks so cramped in there.

But ya, you got me, prodigy is my least favorite mATX and mITX case. I think it is a horrible design, inside and outside and is not space efficient the way something like the EVGA Hadron is. Bleh.

If you like it and you think you can pull off your vision in it go for it though.

I love mini builds. I hate the prodigy. mITX is my favorite form factor. But that doesn't mean it has no limitations. Smaller rads to fit smaller cases. Less rads in a case, smaller reservoir, etc. And it just looks so cramped in there.

But ya, you got me, prodigy is my least favorite mATX and mITX case. I think it is a horrible design, inside and outside and is not space efficient the way something like the EVGA Hadron is. Bleh.

If you like it and you think you can pull off your vision in it go for it though.
That's what i was gonna say.. I think I can make it... Make it look clean and nice.. I'm new to mITX no doubt but I think i got it

That's what i was gonna say.. I think I can make it... Make it look clean and nice.. I'm new to mITX no doubt but I think i got it

If you're good at custom loops you can make a nice loop in a cracker barrel. My point was just that there are easier and nicer cases (*IMO) to do it in.

If you're good at custom loops you can make a nice loop in a cracker barrel. My point was just that there are easier and nicer cases (*IMO) to do it in.

No point doing it if it's easy.. :p thanks a lot though for the replies.. I'm currently waiting for the paycheck so I can start order things.

No point doing it if it's easy.. :p thanks a lot though for the replies.. I'm currently waiting for the paycheck so I can start order things.

The most important thing is to build something that A) works as intended B) Gives you the performance you want C) you are proud of and happy with and D) Have fun putting it together. :)

Build what YOU want. At the end of the day, everybody else's comments are just that, THEIR comments. They shouldn't change your mind on what you want to do. If what you wanted to do was impossible, that would be another thing, but it's not impossible at all. It's just not what I personally would do.

Have fun and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

The most important thing is to build something that A) works as intended B) Gives you the performance you want C) you are proud of and happy with and D) Have fun putting it together. :)

Build what YOU want. At the end of the day, everybody else's comments are just that, THEIR comments. They shouldn't change your mind on what you want to do. If what you wanted to do was impossible, that would be another thing, but it's not impossible at all. It's just not what I personally would do.

Have fun and Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays!

Thanks a lot and wishing back Marry Christmas and happy holidays for you and your family! I'll be building this small beast as I've planned because, hey, if it's not hard, it ain't fun! Building it will be so much fun, even if it would be impossible I woulda give it a shot just for the fun of the procedure.

Kinda stuck at the fans though.. Searching for low RPM/low noise - high CFM/STatic pressure fans. Found Cougar Vortex CF V12S for 18€ which is pretty nice. For 17,7db max I get ~70 CFM with 1,72 mmH2O static pressure. They pretty much outclass the Noiseblockers I had originally in mind. Too bad V12PS cost like, 30€ each(!!!), they are PWM same noise levels ans an insane 2,203mmH2O and about 87 CFM. Any other suggestions? These will be the rad fans amd since they will be XSPC's slim line I wanted to have a combination of good static pressure and air flow

Last edited:
Thanks a lot and wishing back Marry Christmas and happy holidays for you and your family! I'll be building this small beast as I've planned because, hey, if it's not hard, it ain't fun! Building it will be so much fun, even if it would be impossible I woulda give it a shot just for the fun of the procedure.

Kinda stuck at the fans though.. Searching for low RPM/low noise - high CFM/STatic pressure fans. Found Cougar Vortex CF V12S for 18€ which is pretty nice. For 17,7db max I get ~70 CFM with 1,72 mmH2O static pressure. They pretty much outclass the Noiseblockers I had originally in mind. Too bad V12PS cost like, 30€ each(!!!), they are PWM same noise levels ans an insane 2,203mmH2O and about 87 CFM. Any other suggestions? These will be the rad fans amd since they will be XSPC's slim line I wanted to have a combination of good static pressure and air flow

My knowledge of fans rivals my knowledge of dishwasher repair. In other words, it is non-existant. Hopefully someone else can help you :)

My knowledge of fans rivals my knowledge of dishwasher repair. In other words, it is non-existant. Hopefully someone else can help you :)

Hope so, coz I really wanna keep it as quiet as possible.. I don't mind spending ffew € more for PWM fans to hook em on the Recon just to keep it quiet.

Quiet and high pressure? You're probably going to want PWM control.

Look at the Noctua industrialPPC fans, with PWM connectors, and then control them based on temp via software :)

Quiet and high pressure? You're probably going to want PWM control.

Look at the Noctua industrialPPC fans, with PWM connectors, and then control them based on temp via software :)

Ok, so I took a look on this babe here :

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/4947719/Noctua-NF-F12-IndustrialPPC-2000-PWM.html

It's smaller than the iPPC-3000 (like who needs ~7.8 static pressure LOL!) but still it can do the job pretty nicely compared to the equivalent Cougar. 450 RPM min/2k max with 72 CFM and 3,94mmH2O static pressure!! Sounds like the guy I need. Noise levels though..... 26dBA, obviously on max speed? Because having two of these puppies on an EX rad on pull config, air turbulence might cause some more noise?

Back