• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Pc, lots of hesitation

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Remember that the Hadron includes a very good 500W PSU.

It's also the most bad-arse looking mini case. The 250D is a close second and can fit certain 240MM aio coolers which is a very nice bonus. True high perf in a small package. If you want a bit of versatility take the 250D. The Prodigy is just too bulky IMO. Considering the size of an ITX mobo the prodigy should be smaller but that's JM2C.

It's also the most bad-arse looking mini case. The 250D is a close second and can fit certain 240MM aio coolers which is a very nice bonus. True high perf in a small package. If you want a bit of versatility take the 250D. The Prodigy is just too bulky IMO. Considering the size of an ITX mobo the prodigy should be smaller but that's JM2C.

I didnt really mean an AIO, but a custom loop :p And I was thinking about a CPU and a GPU block in the near future

I didnt really mean an AIO, but a custom loop :p And I was thinking about a CPU and a GPU block in the near future

In a mini ITX case? You're asking for a headache dude. Just get the 250D. It's made to take a prebuilt 240mm liquid cooler straight out of the box. You won't get much better perf doing it all custom. 250F FTW man. For you, I think it's the right choice.

In a mini ITX case? You're asking for a headache dude. Just get the 250D. It's made to take a prebuilt 240mm liquid cooler straight out of the box. You won't get much better perf doing it all custom. 250F FTW man. For you, I think it's the right choice.

Alrighty then! I'll be getting this thing going. Thx a lot for the tips :)

280X is a perfectly respectable GPU. Nothing wrong with it.

Are you SURE you want to mod a case and custom loop? Have you done a custom loop and case mods before? Don't get in over your head. Air cooling and just using and enjoying your PC works too.

280X is a perfectly respectable GPU. Nothing wrong with it.

Are you SURE you want to mod a case and custom loop? Have you done a custom loop and case mods before? Don't get in over your head. Air cooling and just using and enjoying your PC works too.

I've done pc modding b4, can't say the same about building a custom WC loop from ground-up. But hey, that's why I wanna do it! :p This will be an experimenting build !!

Ok since Amazon added international shipping in products that support I can buy from Amazon.. WHat I wanted to ask is, is there a meaningful difference between gtx 770 and 970? What should I go for?

Big difference. Go 970.

Alrighty then! Well Amazon is not really worth it, for 10-20 business days shipping plus taxes I get my items for the same price as here give or take a few euroes. Gainward GTX 970 costs around 350€ here, I guess it's better than the top 280x out there..

A 970 competes with a 290 and sometimes the 290X, it's vastly superior to any 280X.

A 970 competes with a 290 and sometimes the 290X, it's vastly superior to any 280X.

Ok, I've been playing around with the numbers and at this time all I can afford for a GPU is like 190-210€, that means that my best choise for the budget is an MSI GTX760 OC. Should I wait further more so I can afford something bigger like a 770 or a 970?

EDIT: I'm generally not doing really hardcore gaming (like Crysis and stuff), I'm more interested in RPGs like Dragon Age, Far cry and online MOBAs. The GPU I'm gonna buy though, I wanna experiment on watercooling it, so I'm trying to narrow down the extend of "overkill" I might be doing with this machine! :p

If you think you can save for the 970 I would do that.
It's night and day better than a 760.

I see... I might be stalling it a bit then and getting a 970.. Is it true that the 970 shares the same chipset with 770 and 670...?

No, not at all...
The 670 and 770 aren't even the same chip.

Back