• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

never understood OC need help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WildTurkey10121

I've built for years and years but I never really oc'd much...maybe a auto tune here and there so I need help. Need this faster...asus auto tune give it a little. I'm 29-32 cpu temps have plenty of room there. I just can't really figure out the manual settings. I long ago lost the book got this mobo. I also never have been able to achieve the clock speeds I see posted in here. I'm not looking for huge gains, but I would like to get 4.2 to 4.4Ghx out of this thing. I can't afford new parts and well this just isn't doing what it is supposed to anymore. I need manual settings to get some grunt out of this thing.

I have an I5-2500 3.30 clock...
on an Asus P8z68-V LX mobo
cooler master hyper n520 cooler
vengence or better ram 1600 2x4GB
evga 550ti vid
Corsair hx650w psu
raptor 150 GB boot
wd 320 storage I think, think it may be 3 drives I don't remember
Win 7 home premium

http://valid.x86.fr/u2rbb2 is the cpu-z

Thanks,
Turk

Welcome to the forum Wildturkey, keep in mind it is a forum not a personal messenger, have some patience. Your best bet is to read this guide it will give you the general idea of what you need to know, in order to OC the 2500k. When you have questions just ask along the way. You can also start out by downloading Hwmonitor, Prime 95 and Cpu-Z, open Hwmonitor and run prime blend for 20 minutes. Then post screen shots using the inforum hosting tool, which looks like a paper clip in the icons above the reply. We would like to see screen shots of HWmonitor under load and the following tabs in Cpu-Z, Cpu, Spd and Memory.

Wildturkey post your build info in your signature like me and mandrake have that way we don't have to come back to the first page to see your build info once the thread gets longer.

Also when posting pictures or screenshots use the forums advanced posting and post directly to the thread.

And when you state your temps are 29-32 is that idle or load. Idle temps aren't that big of a deal for the most part unless they are extremely high. Do some prime95 stress testing to get your max temps or intelburntest for max temps.

Rgr, good enough to start with! I already have cpuz so I'll get the rest and edit my sig. I appreciate the help and tips! I've tried before but I always miss something and it reverts back even when it runs stable, I've always managed to boost it a little with the asus tools but nothing like I see you should be able to get.

Back