• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 LAN cable into room with more than one device

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogbur22

Ok so as title says I am not a big wifi fan I like stuff wired. So I have the one network cable coming in my room for my computer which also has my smart TV I just got a few months ago. For the most part it works fine. Sometimes though when I want to watch movies on Vudu in HDX I get interrupted sometimes, signal not strong enough on the wifi to stream the amount of data needed for HDX.

What I want to do is just get a cable running into my TV as well, Do I need to get a small router ? or switch ? or can I just get something for RJ45 cable that will divide the signal without running more cable ?

Thank you :)

Have you considered Powerline adapters? There are several manufacturers for them and the speeds are up around 500-600 MB/s; think I've even seen a high end unit at 1GB/s.

^ What he said.

Get a small gigabit switch and a few extra ethernet cables. You could go the Powerline route, but that'd be much more expensive and may or may not be as reliable.

Yep, that's how a switch is supposed to be :)

Glad you're up and running!

Back