• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

intercoolers for Focus st 2013

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mike Mckale

Can anyone give me advise for best intercoolers for the above vehicle for some gain perspective. Please i have the chip cold plugs k and n filter and flow master exhaust system on it know. I love in Florida and it gets hot during the summer.

Hate to say it but you may be better off asking that at an automotive forum. This forum is for extreme cooling of computers. There may be a person or two with enough experience to help you and hopefully they'll find your post...but we aren't much of an auto forum. You're welcome to stick around and learn plenty about high performance computing though!

An intercooler won't help you unless you're using a turbo or super charger. A 10k resistor wired in series with the IAT sensor will gain some HP. You will have to use premium fuel though or you will burn holes in the top of the pistons.

Even the 120F of a really hot summer day is cold for an engine, which normally has an optimal operating temperature of 180F or more.

Back