• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you install classic shell in Win 8.1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Did you search here at all????
c627627 has only posted instructions about 25 times.

Make that 26... :)

I think the search function was broken with the forum upgrade. :p

Last edited:
Also telling members to use the Search used to be a capital offense on ocforums... for real. ;)
It was on the top 3 list of things that were done on almost every other forum except here.

Not replying was ok.
'Use the f search' - was never ok... especially when they asked for basic things 'everyone' knew even if they were posted 'everywhere' :D :shrug:

Also telling members to use the Search used to be a capital offense on ocforums... for real. ;)
It was on the top 3 list of things that were done on almost every other forum except here.

Not replying was ok.
'Use the f search' - was never ok... especially when they asked for basic things 'everyone' knew even if they were posted 'everywhere' :D :shrug:

A new member or someone that isn't on the forum every day actively posting, I wouldn't think twice about finding something for them.
Someone that posts every day and has seen it posted multiple times? That's sheer laziness, which I won't help.

If you want to discuss it further let's take it to PM.

I like ATMINSIDE.

For the record. ;)

The argument has long been established and overruled. This is has nothing to do whatsoever with any individual person.
This needs to be public.

When Let Me Google That For You first came out, it was a fad and it was initially funny (to me). I posted that because it was funny when it first came out and an Administrator of our great forum immediately wrote me a private message how not even Let Me Google That For You is ok, let alone asking members to use the Search ESPECIALLY if laziness is involved. heck, L M G T F Y is even censored on the forums, look: http://******.com/?q=laziness

As a matter of fact, multiple (experienced) members would gang up on anyone who made 'use the search' posts and then I started to join them because I accepted their argument that this is just not what ocforums is. You simply don't post in threads that bother you is the argument they were making. And I accepted it. Big picture is that people coming here are not visitors to *our* private homes.

*WE* do not and should not feel obligated to post in every thread as if ocforums are our personal domain.

So it was very clear that ignoring threads that annoy us is completely ok.
But we are not to make posts admonishing anyone for asking a legitimate computer question even if they ask the same question already asked more than once right there in the same subsection of the forum, on that same day.

That is the philosophy of ocforums. Now IF that has changed.... IF it the laziness argument is now valid....
That we can take to Private Messaging, absolutely. Otherwise, we post answers to same questions 27 times or we ignore. And we publically remind all posters that 'use the Search' posts are not OK.

I like ATMINSIDE... did I say that already :thup:

LOL, no doubt... if templates worked (we lost the images and 'build question' one) perhaps personal ones work?

But I have to say that I agree with C6 here to a certain extent. Its sad, humanity that is, that this is what we have come down to... nobody wants to learn how to fish, they just want the fish given to them. Even though we are at a hatchery trying to fish (pulling fish out of a barrel/searching) and not a lake with no fish. If we all searched google/OCF, there would be no need for us. On the other hand, how many times can one answer the same question for any user that doesn't want to search? Its like going to to library then asking to give you a book on XXXXX when you can go find it on your own. Double sided sword guys... but we should be above board. How I like to handle it is find the info and let them know how I searched for it. That way they get the fish and some instructions on how to fish. If they decide to fish themselves after that isn't my issue, but I gave the information they needed and showed them how.

Anyway, let's jump back to the OP's needs and move on. We are all seniors here so far, so maybe let's take it there and not air out our dirty laundry.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I googled a question for her (pretty sure it's a her) yesterday, and posted it for her. I don't think she needs to be yelled at for it. If that's the point you're at, then maybe taking a breather from the site would do you good.

Not replying was ok.

I like you.

I googled a question for her (pretty sure it's a her) yesterday, and posted it for her. I don't think she needs to be yelled at for it. If that's the point you're at, then maybe taking a breather from the site would do you good.

I'd say theres a 70% chance ocnoobs mother is female. :rofl:

Couldn't resist :D

I like the fishing metaphor.

My turn...

Give a man a fish and he'll feed his mother for just one day. Give him a boat and nets and he'll go mental filling the boat with fish. <--- Nope nope he'd just make a post in general discussion about fishing :-/

Anyway on the 26th post I actually read how to do it for the first time :cool: (I just learned the cabbage headed acid casualty layout of the new OS personally.lol)

Back