• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with Intel XTU efficiency

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Not much to say more speed faster mem/ tighter timings. Make sure you're using Win7 with SP1

Well I messed around with this bench some more yesterday and I'm still kind of surprised at how variable the results can be... I had results from the lower to mid 900's right up to ~1000.

Sometimes the score would go down even while running with tighter timings? I did manage to increase my score some but it is still not quite what I was hoping for. :shrug:

C8 @ ~2240MHz (5.249):
2500K XTU bench 6.PNG

C7 @ ~2200MHz (5.263):
2500K XTU bench 7.PNG

I not certain but I don't think I was trottling... I guess I could re-test and check for that.

Just watch the bar for any blips :)
You shouldn't be at an 82°C max, but you never know.

That's the only thing I've seen besides core speeds that cause fluctuations of 40+ points in XTU.
Do you have all your power-saving stuff disabled?

PolRoger- Only time I saw score differences like that was when using software to tweak the memory in windows don't know if any one else seen the same thing but when I stoped using it and tweak memory in bios everything seemed fine and only saw a margin of error of 1 mark\point + or -

Sometimes scores are +/- 50 without special reason. Last time when I was testing dual xeons I had +/- 150 difference and scores between ~1500 and ~1650. It's often the same as with hwbot prime or some other tests. On Haswells I haven't seen differences like that. +/- 5 points maybe but not much more.

Sometimes scores are +/- 50 without special reason. Last time when I was testing dual xeons I had +/- 150 difference and scores between ~1500 and ~1650. It's often the same as with hwbot prime or some other tests. On Haswells I haven't seen differences like that. +/- 5 points maybe but not much more.

Good note, all my experience was with Haswell.

Yeah.... This bench on this setup has been kind of bugging me. :screwy:

Here are a couple more screen shots. I finally decided to keep pushing on MHZ and I finally took Bronze cup for hardware :thup:... But I'm still ~ 20+ Marks from Silver. :(

C9 2206MHz (5.170):
2500K XTU bench 8.PNG

C9 2206MHz (5.377):
2500K XTU bench 10.PNG

New hardware has always more points in XTU. I just think it's the way to show users that new generations are so much better and they should upgrade the hardware.
Some older series are not even supported. Like older Xeons won't run in XTU. I was surprised that I was able to make it run on dual IB based Xeons on Server 2012. Usually I get info that this platform is not supported.

Try to play with sub timings to get couple of points more. Generally final score is basing on CPU and memory performance. CPU is higher clock = better. Memory is balance between high clock and timings to get highest bandwidth ( I didn't really check if it look at read, write or copy ).

What memory you have there ?

Then you can set much tighter sub timings. I won't tell you now how much you can lower them but looking at your last screenshot I can say that a lot.
tRC to 80-110, tRRD 5-6 and all other try 1-2 lower, from tertiary try everything that is 4 lower to 3 ( check that one by one )

tRC to 80-110

Did you mean tRC or something else?

I don't think I can adjust tRC in BIOS for my board? Isn't minimum setting for tRC... tRC=tRAS+tRP.... So ideally for 9-9-9-24 it should be 33 and any higher number would be a more relaxed setting?

Two more runs with a 2x4GB RipjawsX 2133C8 (BBSE) kit. First run is with default XMP and 1T. The Second run is also with some of the Secondary timings tighten up.

2206MHzC8 (5.170):
2500K XTU bench 15.PNG

2200MHzC8 (5.160)
2500K XTU bench 14.PNG

Back