• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got a 980--no free game??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I bought an EVGA SC ACX at my local computer retailer. There was no mention of a free game on the box or in the package. I thought I was going to get FC4 for free...

That offer is for newegg. Check other etailers maybe it was there, but it's an online offer afaik.

Not that you like FC4 :p :chair:

I owe a friend a favor. He gave me a pack in game I owe him a pack in game. This was going to be it as I know he was looking forward to FC4 but now... ugh... I am without a gift to give.

Does anybody "Know" ;) ;) anybody at NVidia or EVGA who I could maybe pester for a code for the game? Is there any remedy to this situration? I mean, I bought the card, I don't see how the method via which I acquired it, be it in store or online, should restrict me from getting a pack in game...

I feel so gipped.

Those codes come from the retailer, not the manufacturer...

It's nvidia promo but only cards released after the day when promo started should have the code. In local stores I have the same cards with games and without in the same price.
If card was in the store for longer then you won't get it.
Canada Computers is on the list so they should provide the code.
You can also ask EVGA and show them copy of the invoice or something.

http://www.geforce.com/pick-your-path-game-bundle

"TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This offer is available for GeForce® GTX™ 980, 970, 780 Ti, or 780 graphics cards, or 980M or 970M-powered notebooks only. The promotion starts on the 4th November and is available for a limited time or while supplies last. The offer is available from selected retailers only. Please check the product description of the graphics card you are purchasing to confirm that the games are included. Additional terms and conditions may apply."

Why can't you just order a card from Newegg and when it comes return the other to the store? You won't have any downtime and you'll get your code.

restocking fee would probably cut out any benefit of doing that.

Wut? There's a restocking fee? So if you buy faulty hardware they charge you? Canadian thing or something? lol

If that's really the case then there are other ways to get FC4 for free...if you're creative ;)

If the device was faulty that is true, but some of the time the retailer will ask you to return to the manufacturer. And even so, his product isn't broken, so returning a working item that has been opened generally incurs a 10%-20% restocking fee.

If the device was faulty that is true, but some of the time the retailer will ask you to return to the manufacturer. And even so, his product isn't broken, so returning a working item that has been opened generally incurs a 10%-20% restocking fee.

Tell them it's causing crashes and you don't want to try another one out. This works fine even at Bestbuy, Tiger Direct, etc. Most of the retailers could care less they;ll just damage it out.

That's fine if you if have questionable morals... which I do not have, nor do we condone having to lie to an organization to return things. Not something I would promote or mention here personally... :)

My morals are just fine, thank you very much. I was merely pointing out an option to avoid a restocking fee which to me is immoral to us consumers. I didn't say I did such things :)

My morals are just fine, thank you very much. I was merely pointing out an option to avoid a restocking fee which to me is immoral to us consumers. I didn't say I did such things :)

So it's immoral to have a restocking fee when you have to:
- Pay power on a retail store
- Pay someone to work the store
- Pay for shipping in to the store
- Get back an opened item that works, but you can't sell at full value because it's opened.

Not sure how the fee is immoral.
Using thinly veiled lies to get around the fee though, that's definitely immoral.

Their fee is literally to cover their business costs of getting the product to you.

Sorry bishoff, the "you" was the 'royal' you... I did not mean to infer you did that. We need to keep illegal discussions offline per the rules. :)

Back