• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just got a 980, recommend me some games!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Looking for games to push my new hardware. Got a 2600K @ 4.7Ghz so no bottleneck there.

So far today I have picked up Shadows of Mordor and Metro Last Light Redux. Considering Alien Isolation but I frighten easily.
Any other ideas?

Definitely on the "to buy" list when released are Project Cars and GTA5.

If you frighten easily or are not a fan of suspense I don't think you would like AI - that is literally all that game is for 15 hours or whatever.

Nice pickup on SoM, glad you like it!

May want to check out the new Dragon Age game if you like the genre, same goes for the new Civ: Beyond Earth game and Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.

I'm not about twitchy fps games any more. Garden warfare is my speed. I like single player story driven games, and some multiplayer games. I have to say my fav multiplayer game of all time was World In Conflict (2007). Amazing cooperative RTS action.

Dragon age never really rubbed me in a good way. I wasn't a fan of the series up until now and I don't imagine I would be going into the future. I enjoyed the first batman game but felt like Arkham city sort of fell off. I'm wary of getting any more titles from that franchise.

the new Call For Money looks amazing, not sure how the game play is though

Call of Duty is too twitchy for my old brain :(

I gave up on twitchy FPS after Battlefield 3. Played for 2 years, killed maybe 3 people in that whole time. Abysmal. I was good at BFBC2 though and BF2.

Wolfenstien: The New Order did not disappoint, except that Anti Aliasing and Vsync would not work for me, aside from that the game was great.

Borderlands 2 gets 9.9/10 from me. (I found the difficulty balance fell apart late game and it became too easy) I played the whole game Local Co-op.

Warframe has lots of effects to tickle your eye holes

plus its free
if there was a referral thing I knew about it'd shoot you one but I don't think there is

So far for this new PC I have bought

Alien Isolation
Shadow of Mordor
Metro LL Redux
PVZ Garden Warfare
War Thunder
Grid Autosport
Far Cry 4

Everything runs good except FC4 which still boggs down at points on high. Im waiting for a second 980 to play that one.
Thoughts on other games I should try?

Dragon age: Inquisition has gotten very positive reviews
GTA5 will be out in a month

Warframe has lots of effects to tickle your eye holes

plus its free
if there was a referral thing I knew about it'd shoot you one but I don't think there is

I went to go check out this game, and found out I had already made an account there. Weird, as it doesn't look familiar to me at all, haha.

I find that I dislike all freemium and F2P games... They just... they suck to me... America's Army (original) was gangster back in the day but other than that I have yet to find a free game I enjoy. Particularly on the iPad, *yes I have a closed OS tablet. Shoot me now* I hate free/freemium as they like to show you little advertisement videos between games/turns and that makes me want to SMASH the ipad.

Please recommend cash money games only. Right now I'm pretty well stocked though.

Far Cry 4 and crank those settings up it looks beautiful

If you'd read the thread you would know that I already own FC4 :p lol.
So do most people who bought a high end Maxwell card around Nov/Dec 2014. It was bundled. The Crew/AC Unity/FC4 were the choices. Given that the first two are sloppy on PC I think most people went for FC4.

If you'd read the thread you would know that I already own FC4 :p lol.
So do most people who bought a high end Maxwell card around Nov/Dec 2014. It was bundled. The Crew/AC Unity/FC4 were the choices. Given that the first two are sloppy on PC I think most people went for FC4.

lol yeah my fault. that is how i got mine as well the other two games well they just didn't impress me at all. another one that is not really graphics heavy but still has some fun factor to it are some of the older FPS/RPG games like the stalker series with the mods it can be made to look pretty good. and borderlands part one and two the pre sequel is ok but the one and two IMHO are legendary but you have to play them more than once and get to ultimate vault hunter mode

Last edited:
Back