• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tomb raider crashed on new card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Tomb raider crashed 10 minutes in on my new 980. Just froze. Ran fine on my old 580. Thoughts? I have it maxed out tressfx on runs beautifully but it just locked up. No bluescreen I alt tabbed out and closed it.

Yup deleted everything Nvidia from the control panel (add/remove programs). DIdn't run any driver wiper software or anything though. Should I? Advice?
I'm also having a weird issue where my bios screen is all stretched out with this card its not showing the whole image on screen parts of it are off to the sides of the screen.

Latest and greatest doesn't help a bit. What version number?

Use Nvidia's installer to do a clean install of the driver.

What connection are you using on the GPU?

Tried an older version of the driver? Sure it's the gpu? What does event log say, anything?

No event log. Just freezes, I alt F4, done deal. Where do I find the event log?
Not sure its anything. Haven't tried an older driver.

Not trying to hijack your thread noob but what OS are you using?
I am also having issues with TombRaider and a 980 but I was leaning more toward the OS. I just wiped this system on the weekend and did a fresh install of Win8 then the update to 8.1. I played for about 2 hours last night and twice I had to kill the process. It would come up with a "NO TIME DATA" warning and the screen went black. COuld recover the OS through task manager without issue.

Thats odd Johan my problem was just a bad driver. I reinstalled and was good to go. I play on Win 7 but my friend played all the way through TR (in 1 16 hour session because he is crazy) on Win 8.1 so its compatible 100%.

Well I've been Googlin today and one thing I can say is I'm definitely not alone with this issue. Looks like I'll have to do some tinkering when I start it up next. I see a lot of suggestions to shut off the exclusive full screen mode.

Thats odd Johan my problem was just a bad driver. I reinstalled and was good to go. I play on Win 7 but my friend played all the way through TR (in 1 16 hour session because he is crazy) on Win 8.1 so its compatible 100%.

Maybe give FC4 another shot since your issue was driver related. :)

Just a foolow up, it was driver related but more so because of the Title I think than Win8.1 Fron the reading I did , it seems that TombRaider was a nightmare in general for Nvidia users. I ended up setting a different driver profile with Nvidia Inspector and played without issue for a couple hours afterward.

Maybe give FC4 another shot since your issue was driver related. :)

No I played FC4 on the good driver. I can't run it smooth on ultra in all areas and that just rubs me the wrong way because honestly, it doesn't look any better than Crysis (2007)... I will wait for my second 980 and give it another crack.

Back