• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 850 Pro: 10 year limited warranty

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

There is a booklet devoted to explaining the limits of this warranty, so
I wonder how comprehensive or useful this warranty is in actual fact.

Reading the warranty should tell you that, no?

So, can you please pm me about your line breaks? You are the only one on the site with this issue so I can't source it from somewhere else. We would really appreciate it! :)

There is a booklet devoted to explaining the limits of this warranty, so
I wonder how comprehensive or useful this warranty is in actual fact.

Reading the warranty should tell you that, no?

So, can you please pm me about your line breaks? You are the only one on the site with this issue so I can't source it from somewhere else. We would really appreciate it! :)

Clicking quote (just did) shows there's a manual break in the text input.
Not sure if that helps or not.

From my understanding, as long as your under the 150TBW threshold, the drive is warrantied for 10 years. Similar to Auto warranties... 5 years or 100,000 miles.

If you exceed 150TBW, then the warranty is void. Given that very few consumers actually write 150TB of data to a drive, the 10 year warranty applies.

That's a pretty awesome warranty, granted by that the time the drive will long since been replaced by most people.

That's a pretty awesome warranty, granted by that the time the drive will long since been replaced by most people.

True true. Most drives would be replaced by that time, at least main drives that is.
Though I still even have a 640GB drive's that I've had for some time now and still have no intent on getting rid of them. Least until they die. Those came out early 2008 so its closing in on 7 years. I could see them going another 3+.

Keep a copy of the warranty because any information at the company's website may change. That happened to my Samsung hard disk's 5-year warranty, which Samsung cut to 3 years.

Back