• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Android 5.0 Lolipop.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
I just upgraded my Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 (2012) to Lolipop. It's a change. We'll see if I like it. I did an OTA via my home wireless network and had no problems with the install. All of my apps seem to work fine.

I did a manual clean install of it on my nexus 5, I am liking it so far!

I did a manual install of BSZAospLP v1.1 and it's like I have a new tablet. Visually Lollipop is stunning, I can't say enough good stuff about it. I love the flatter UI in-apps, the task switcher is pretty neat too.

On my phones I prefer to use stock ROMs, rooted & de-bloated, so I have to wait on VZW to come out with a Lollipop build for the G3, then for my favorite dev (beanstown106) to get a build up. Might be on KK for a while on the phone unfortunately.

I've heard alot of good about it but also that there was already people having issues with certain aspects crashing or just causing their phone to run stupid slow. Anybody been having any issues with it on yours?

I have had absolutely no problems on the N7, but my use is pretty limited (browsing, facebook, tapatalk, overclockers...nothing that really pushes the hardware).

Stock Nexus 5 - Hangouts is a bit slow to open and I had a voicemail notification stuck for about four days after being deleted. No other issues so far.

Would love to try it on my tablet but got rid of my base "google" hardware and got a Samsung 8.4 Pro instead earlier this year to get a slightly larger screen and mSD card on the device.

I've had a few issues with battery life and a 'zombie' voicemail (originally received, listened and deleted a week ago pops up as new yesterday following the update--caller never left a day and time so there was some confusion when I called them back thinking it was a new message).

I've had a few issues with battery life and a 'zombie' voicemail (originally received, listened and deleted a week ago pops up as new yesterday following the update--caller never left a day and time so there was some confusion when I called them back thinking it was a new message).

I have had a bit of a battery drain issue. I deleted the paypal app after checking battery stats and it seems a bit better now. I too have also had that zombie voicemail thing happen twice!

Apparently some people have had a bad memory leak issue with 5.0 as well. I have not had that though. I still like it! :)

I'm waiting on VZW to get their rears in gear.. they're always the last to get updates cause of how much they lock down.. though I can't complain about 4.4.4 on my Note 4.

I updated my Nexus 5 when Lollipop became available. (around the time this thread started) at first I was impressed.

You can unlock developer mode by tapping I think it was the kernel version a half dozen times (I was looking for easter eggs) and there is an incredibly hard game on there too. IIRC it was found by tapping the version number a few times.

I like the keyboard (accessing numbers by holding down a key a little longer) but overall I should have stuck with JB. Half my apps no longer work (AC: Pirates, Capital one app, some other small things). My contact list got shredded for about 24 hours... and the new Privacy settings are really freaking annoying when accidentally turn it on.

Boot time is about twice as long, and because of that I longer reboot my phone lol.

It would be great if the "per app" notification controls were as robust as general notifications it is a little confusing. I just want to stop the phone from beeping when I get email, but for some reason I get no audible alerts at all anymore. (EDIT: Hmm just fixed it somehow lol)

Still an android noob though, might have to try a Windows phone next.

EDIT: Have had my Kindle Fire HD 9" for about 6 months and still have not flashed a "full" *snicker snicker* Android OS on it yet either.

See if there are any good Lollipop ROMs for your N5 on XDA. I heard stock Lollipop was rough on the 2012 N7, but the custom build I use never had so much as a laggy action.

See if there are any good Lollipop ROMs for your N5 on XDA. I heard stock Lollipop was rough on the 2012 N7, but the custom build I use never had so much as a laggy action.

Wonder if someone will make a ROM for my phone.
Maybe I should flash Cyanogen 9 to it :p

Is there any performance increase? (Those who upgraded from older Android anyway)

I found that setting animations to 0(Dev options) sped things up on my 2012 N7. Still using it happily. I also do this on my other phones, either 0 or .05. Makes the N5 super fast.

Also for some folks who experienced N5 problems wiping the system cache(Recovery Mode) straightened things out, that plus a factory reset, if needed.

Lollipop ROCKS on my nexus ! best android ever! (in terms of rooting modding etc ics is best ! or jb or gb:) ) i love new look and animations!

Back