• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suddenly cant connect to wifi

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I just built an AM1 system with win 8. My wifi adapter showed up and started working right away, when I reset and restarted, the wireless connection option was gone from the task bar. So I installed the TP link wifi adapter drivers but now WIndows is installing updates so I dont know if it works until it restarts.

THoughts? Why would this happen?

Would installing AVG have anything to do with it?

You alone are bringing our forum numbers up with the sheer number of threads you created lately!!! :thup: :D

I have heard of AVG doing wonky things... but I haven't touched it in years since its pretty bloated. Easiest way to see if its AVG... uninstall it.

Let's see if it works after restarting...I have had a lot of issues with wireless adapters in W8 though... bleh. :bang head

Yes, there are generic drivers.
They sometimes work, they sometimes don't.

This is why we install the manufacturer's drivers.
Just like we have the past upteen years.

I'd like to consider myself knowledgeable. First time using a Wifi PCIE card. First time building AMD. I think I did ok.

What's different? You put it together, install OS, and then install drivers.
It's literally the same as any other set of components.

True. You don't like to give me any kudos, do you ATM :(... :-/

I think his point is "If you've seen one computer you've seen em all" so your generic skill set on your generic parts is a transferable generic skill set :) <--- I`m writing in italics because I do all my own stunts :cool:

all you needed was some none generic drivers... :D

its pretty generic stuff... you need the right chipset drivers and specific driver sets on any machine... failing that swear and give it a kick :rofl:

I think his point is "If you've seen one computer you've seen em all" so your generic skill set on your generic parts is a transferable generic skill set :) <--- I`m writing in italics because I do all my own stunts :cool:

all you needed was some none generic drivers... :D

its pretty generic stuff... you need the right chipset drivers and specific driver sets on any machine... failing that swear and give it a kick :rofl:

Lol. I love you ya crazy bugger.

Back