• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New AMD 5150 rig wont shut down

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
you 100% clicking shutdown and not restart? i had this issue with vista machines i would click restart all the time on accident.

you 100% clicking shutdown and not restart? i had this issue with vista machines i would click restart all the time on accident.

Clicking shut down, both from the start menu and windows metro. It just restarts.

Power switch powers it on, reset switch resets it, they're wired correctly...

check bios settings and see what is the the power options like resume power AC causes some weird stuff on occasion.

Not the power button, looks for power management options that describe what to do when power is received to the motherboard. It may be set to turn on automatically.

Not the power button, looks for power management options that describe what to do when power is received to the motherboard. It may be set to turn on automatically.

Couldn't find anything like that in the bios.

ALso, in windows, this computer seems to keep forgetting the time... But BIOS settings stay the same so its not a bad CMOS battery.

Do you have AI Suite installed? I had the same issue with my CHV/8350 and removing the Ai Suite solved it.

What CPU cooler did you put on this thing that made it so difficult to install? The stock cooler is just a clip on isn't it?

Pins pushed through? If the stock cooler clips on you shouldn't need to push any pins through. They come in two kinds: push pin or clip on. One or the other. On an Intel board it's push pins and on an AMD board it's a clip that hooks onto the nubbins of the plastic socket retention bracket. Even with aftermarket coolers, very few use the push pin design on an AMD board. One I can think of is the old Arctic Freezer 7. I just can't picture what you are talking about.

Typical AMD stock cooler for low end CPUs and APUs:

Attachments

• IMG_1268.JPG
    IMG_1268.JPG
    744.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1269.JPG
    IMG_1269.JPG
    641.2 KB · Views: 72
The clips attach to the nubbins on the plastic bumpers on each side of the socket.

Attachments

• Socket FM2.JPG
    Socket FM2.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 66
Ah, so AM1 has not plastic bumpers. Thanks for pointing out my error. I had assumed FM1 was the same as FM2 and FM2+

So only two pushpin holes, huh? Weird.

noob, you should have gone with FM2.

Back