• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

long story short pc got wet is my video card dead?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathhorse

Powerd off pc after water was poured dropped spilled whatever on my pc went through the top holes. I held the power button till the machine turned off
dryed it all hit it with a blow dryer.

Took my video card apart and just wanted to know how much paste to put on it. Cause i think i did it wrong when i powered it up i had artifcats in the bios. I dont know if its my video card or mobo. I have a amazon visa i can buy a new board or card but really liked my setup. Can you guys help.

this picture shows the paste i had put on the card.

3de234365858633.jpg 77a064365858677.jpg

Attachments

• CAM00145.jpg
    CAM00145.jpg
    858.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
dont put so much, you want just a small drop if it gets down in the resistors and capacitors around the die, it can cause some weird stuff to happen. just enough so when it gets mushed it covers the die.

I used shin etsu paste is that not good for cards? I do have super cooler master hyper TX2 paste.

And i didnt try to boot without the card. I went to frys and got a 30dollar geforce 210 and was able to see and boot just fine. No gray lines. i plan to return it

Back