• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Phenom II X3 720 unsure if core is unlocked

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tamik

I was attempting to see if I can unlock the 4th core of my 720 and found the ACC on my Gigabyte GA-MA790FXT-UD5P. Under that i can see Core 0-3, 4 cores or so I think? But when im back in my computer it still registers just the 3 cores on CPU-Z. Would my MB be able to detect the 4th core (as Core 3 I assume) if it were defective? also I don't see any "unlock" options in the MB. ACC just lets me change a % modifier. Also what is that modifier? its like from +0% to +12% to -4%. I guess what I'm looking for is a way to know for sure if I can or cannot unlock that 4th core and how I can be sure of that.

press ctrl alt delete and see if there are 3 graphs under cpu

Yeah there are 3 graphs. I guess what I want to know is specifically why my bios can see the 4 cores

If you enable ACC it unlocks if the cpu core will actually unlock. Not seeing the actual bios of that older board, not much else can be said. I would look in motherboard manual and see what it says regarding ACC. By the way ACC could see even a bad core. A core that never would unlock and work.
RGone...ster.

If you have ACC enabled and you don't see a forth core to activate, it won't unlock. It's that simple. I have that board.;)

Back