• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Color / Theme Matching Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mark617

ASRock Extreme 6 Z97 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157500&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&a mp;a mp;cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SI D=

Need to know if the following RAM matches. Was going to pick up the ARES in the same specs, but this one is $20 cheaper w/promo code until the 27th and since I am going to WC now, height is not an issue. Just concerned about the color, seems to be darker than the Ares and I have a pic from a forum member with the ARES and it's a really solid match. - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...112114-Index-_-DesktopMemory-_-20231476-S1A6A

Also, with the Primochill LRT tubing, in the Enthoo Primo case with Helix 120 fans, I kind of figured it has to be white, black, or blue. Now, to be fair, I do not think I like black tubing, although my fittings will be black. Looks like white unless the blue matches. But, anyone have any idea how this actually looks (true color)? Does it match the above? - http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...e_PFLEXA-58-B.html?tl=c99s1615b46&id=gLHmhUQd

Any other comments. I know Jack will comment on the theme so look forward to that!

The RAM is darker, like you think.

The tubing is what I had, check the last post of my build log (see signature).
It is darker as well.

Figured. Well, no rush, so I know I can wait on the ram.

Pretty much pigeonholes me on the tubing color though. Clear and black are not really my thing. I like the contrast of white in Pierre's build.

Well thats going to be alot of blue going on in the build. What exactly are you looking for? Black/Blue and White? White will surely kick out a bit, depending how much you use of it but blue is a nice color as well. I think the tubing will be darker than the rest of the blue in the build. I would probably use the fans as the white and stick with that nice blue tubing. Now as for the MB and RAM, I am not sure what other options you will have. You might be able to add some blue LEDs to give it a nice cool blue ambiance.

Also, make sure the tubing is the Advanced LRT, not confusing it with the old design.

Well thats going to be alot of blue going on in the build. What exactly are you looking for? Black/Blue and White? White will surely kick out a bit, depending how much you use of it but blue is a nice color as well. I think the tubing will be darker than the rest of the blue in the build. I would probably use the fans as the white and stick with that nice blue tubing. Now as for the MB and RAM, I am not sure what other options you will have. You might be able to add some blue LEDs to give it a nice cool blue ambiance.

Also, make sure the tubing is the Advanced LRT, not confusing it with the old design.

Once I get most things installed (rad, M/B, etc.) I will put some pictures up of the build. Then we can talk tubing color choices etc. I am looking to theme it in a way to have nice contrast (white for this, I assumed) with a blue background via hardware. For an LED I was actually thinking a not-too-over-the-top white if possible. Or an intense blue with white tubing. Really though, once I get the main hardware installed, I think I will have a better idea as to what theme I can use and appreciate, and most importantly, stand to look at for quite some time.

And yeah, with all the questions I have asked you, I will be here with my shopping list verifying everything is right before purchase :)

Once I get most things installed (rad, M/B, etc.) I will put some pictures up of the build. Then we can talk tubing color choices etc. I am looking to theme it in a way to have nice contrast (white for this, I assumed) with a blue background via hardware. For an LED I was actually thinking a not-too-over-the-top white if possible. Or an intense blue with white tubing. Really though, once I get the main hardware installed, I think I will have a better idea as to what theme I can use and appreciate, and most importantly, stand to look at for quite some time.

And yeah, with all the questions I have asked you, I will be here with my shopping list verifying everything is right before purchase :)

I've done white tubing with blue ambiance case lighting. It actually did look nice. Any bright LED colored LEDs will fight with white or just be too noisy if you know what I mean. Have to find one high contrast color and everything else is following behind it.

analogous color scheme

ASRock Extreme 6 Z97 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157500&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&a mp;a mp;cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SI D=

Need to know if the following RAM matches. Was going to pick up the ARES in the same specs, but this one is $20 cheaper w/promo code until the 27th and since I am going to WC now, height is not an issue. Just concerned about the color, seems to be darker than the Ares and I have a pic from a forum member with the ARES and it's a really solid match. - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...112114-Index-_-DesktopMemory-_-20231476-S1A6A

Also, with the Primochill LRT tubing, in the Enthoo Primo case with Helix 120 fans, I kind of figured it has to be white, black, or blue. Now, to be fair, I do not think I like black tubing, although my fittings will be black. Looks like white unless the blue matches. But, anyone have any idea how this actually looks (true color)? Does it match the above? - http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...e_PFLEXA-58-B.html?tl=c99s1615b46&id=gLHmhUQd

Any other comments. I know Jack will comment on the theme so look forward to that!

so what I see is you have a couple shades of blue to work with I.E blue board, tubes and ram. So it might be impossible to perfectly co ordinate all the colors the same shade of blue. That's ok because you can always go an analogous color scheme which means the shades and tones of the blue can differ a little as long as they don't dip into the next color. From what I see you already have a analogous scheme so you would not have to change much if any at all.

Back