• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

r9 280x 3GB OC stuck at 950 Mhz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DryZilla

Registered
Im not sure what's wrong with my GPU.. It looks like it's somehow locked at 950 mhz. Catalyst graphics override says its at 1070 Mhz, all other overclocking software such as msi afterburner etc also say its 1070Mhz.. but when i play it's stuck at 950 Mhz MAX. what could be wrong with it?

make and model number of card please.

and use only one piece of overclocking software.

Sapphire Vapor-X AMD Radeon R9 280X OC 3GB GDDR5

model: 11221-02-40G

ok, 950 is your baseclock, 1070 is the boost clock, that is all good.
do you have a 3d benchmark installed?

i did a benchmark on "Valley Benchmark 1.0" and it was still 950 Mhz, what benchmark do you recommend?

what do you mean by "monitoring"? (sorry im kinda new to overclocking). i just did that benchmark again but instead of 1920x1080 i went for 2560x1440 and still 950 Mhz..

Catalyst (updated to newest version ofcourse) Msi afterburner, Sapphire Trixx. I downlaoded afterburner and trixx because i thought catalyst was wrong but it wasn't.. and i used the afterburner window on top a windowed game to make sure.. and yeah its 950 max never going to 1070..ever.

Nothing changed, look at the screenshots i posted right before u posted the link above and see these programs say its at 1070 mhz but its still 950 even gpu-z says 950 :/

when you want to post an image.
bottom right of reply box, "go advanced, at the top of that box is a paper clip, click that.
a box opens, in the top right you browse to and upload your picture, then click done when you are attaching pictures.

I saw that, lets cleanup a bit.
trixx is uninstalled?

amd graphics overdrive is disabled?

afterburner.png trixx.png

- - - Updated - - -

yes trixx is gone and overdrive disabled, what next?

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
ok, it is my bed time.
you are now setup and have the tools that we can help you with.
I am sure one of the big dogs will be in and have a look and will help you.
best of luck and happy clocking!

ok this is what gpu z says... this is what i mean it says 1070 mhz but in game its still 950..

gpu2.png gpu1.png

Back