• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Need Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jatorrizko

Hello everyone, i need help on overclocking my CPU which i dont know anything about it but i can do it with your help! I am thinking about buying a new PC in 3 months, but until then i need this one to work faster for me. So, here are some photos that i think you need; ( if you need something else just tell me ! )

Thanks to anyone who is willing to help:thup:

Attachments

• IMG_20141122_122229.jpg
    IMG_20141122_122229.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 299
  • cpuid.jpg
    cpuid.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 172
  • IMG_20141122_122415.jpg
    IMG_20141122_122415.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 136
This rig isn't really going to oc too far. The cooler is stock, and the entire case needs a cleaning. 50c temps reported at max with only 82% load. No doubt P95 would have that cpu near temp limits in no time.

The best thing to do to learn about overclocking is to read some stickies.

Also, it would be interesting to have the actual part number from that cpu. My Athlon 5000+ unlocks to FX-5000, so this "could" be one way to increase performance even if it only unlocks L3 cache like mine does. Some unlock to 3 or 4 cores..... But it is likely you don't have an FX 5000 unlocker, just curious about it really.

So if you take the HSF off to clean it, look for the cpu part number. If it looks similar to mine (AD5000ODJ22GI) it's likely capable of unlocking.

Once you've done that, you want to dig out some old fans and cool the motherboard in all areas around that cpu socket. THat'll lower your cpu and system temps enough to at least get you a few hundred mhz.

Overclocking will be done mostly reference clock (200++) and will OC the entire system. You'll want to lower HT/NB divider as well as the memory divider (or speed if you will) all this done via bios if the options are all there.

Some screen shots of the bios options will help us see what options you DO have, so post the OC page when you get a chance for those not familiar with that board.

Agree with Shrimpbrime. Your baseline temps are already too high to permit any overclocking. If I were you I would invest some time in cable management to improve airflow through the case and use some compressed air to do some serious cleaning. Then download and install Prime95. With HWMonitor open on the desktop run a 20 minute Prime95 "blend" stress test. Then report back with an attached pic of HWMonitor so we can see what max temps under load were.

Back