• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Loving Shadows of Mordor. Need help with mechanics. Please explain to me :)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

I sort of get this game. I love it, don't get me wrong. But how does it progress?

PLEASE answer all questions. I know it's a lot.

I get that you:

Eat herbs for health
climb to new towers who only wraith mode can see to unlock new parts of the map and new fast travel points
find white things on the map and pick them up in wraith mode
do challenges listed on the map in white or yellow
kill orc captains

But what is the main PURPOSE of the game?
Is the purpose to wipe out all the orc captains?
How do you actually progress?
Is it worth randomly picking fights with orcs I see on the way to my destinations? Will it help me level up faster?

How do I fight the lion beast monster things. They're like a bull bear lion monster, you know the ones. They always kill me. And they're everywhere.

Is there a way to put this game on an easier difficulty level? I'm getting smoked here...

THanks.

The PURPOSE is to follow the story line.
You progress by following the story.
Yes, fight more.

Can you use the name of the monster? I don't know what a lion beast monster thing is, and I've beaten the game.
Don't know about changing difficulty, didn't need to.

It's not an easy game, thankfully. It's nice to play a good game that's actually tough.

How do I follow the story line? It just seems to be a bunch of random challenges. The last "story" feeling thing I did was following GOllum around. More info needed plz. Thanks.

2014-10-05_00006.jpg

This is the creature I was talking about. Also I unlocked a way to ride them but I can't seem to mount them. Do I have to drop off a cliff to land on them or something?

There are icons on the map, each type corresponds to a different thing. One type corresponds to the main story.

That is a Caragor. For now, just dodge their attacks and shoot them with arrows. It'll be easier for you.
Later in the story they teach you how to fight them better.

Yes:
ZvxO2.jpg

That said, sometimes you need to kill more warchiefs to gain access to the next section of story.
At that point, their icon becomes yellow, IIRC.

A new question- a lot of the time I'll start a mission like the one I did just now where I meet ratbag, but someone sounded an alarm and I failed the mission. How do I prevent this? Should I avoid fights more? I'm stupid. need help.

You can mount the caragors as long as you are on a higher position. You can be on a cage, rock, ledge, etc and when it is close enough you will see a key combination to hit to mount the beast and to start the QTE to take over the caragor.

If someone is going for the alarm, shoot them with an arrow in the head, quickest easiest way to kill them so they don't get to sound the alarm.

It shows you several good things in this video, 1, shooting the meat looking thing he shoots right at first attracts Caragors, then it shows him mount one, any time you are above it you can mount it, but you have to do a save like when you are about to die, move the right stick into the circle, then press the appropriate button, which is randomly selected. Then at about 1:50 you see a message pop up about someone raising the alarm, and shows the symbol for it, look on the right side of the screen, and it shows the symbol and where the person is, kill the guy with that symbol above his head, and he won't set off the alarms.

You can also salvage the runes you get for your weapons, other than the epic ones, go into the spot where you would select to put them into a weapon, and if you have an xbox controller I believe you hit x, and it gives I want to say 25 mp for each of them, but the rune is then destroyed, but most of them suck anyway imo, I only used a few out of all of them, my favorites would have x% chance to grant x% health on critical strike, or sneak head shot, basically things that give you health, because that's where I struggled most of the time lol. Or if it grants you elfshot, or focus on head shot, or stealth kill, whatever, that way if you are hidden, kill someone with a head shot, you get your focus back, hurry up and do another, and just keep going, works great to thin a crowd so you can jump in and handle them.

Back