• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

advise on coolant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gamerking

Registered
ive been running ek pre-mixed clear coolant anti corrosive/growth
going to be draining and adding onto my loop once my parts come
can i mix the rest of the premix with distilled water or does it have to one or the other coolant
if i can reuse the coolant already in how do i that once i drain it

Last edited:
I'd stay away from mixes and coolants. Stick with the basics tried and true: Distilled water and a silver coil. Done.

if i untwist the kill coil will it affect it since its wider then the port in my res top and i cant get it in otherwise i have a swiftech micro res

Yeah you can untwist it a bit, but not too much. You want it to fit inside the micro res, but you don't want it sucked down into the pump or have it get stuck inside the tubing.

once i get my parts i ordered ill see if it will fit inside a 4way splitter that i ordered since i didnt think about it getting stuck in the tubes and thanks for your help nebulous

drain port off the out from the pump 1 going to my front rad other rotary 90 double snake connecter so i can fold it up

got my res today =) now just the pump fittings rads and tubing

Attachments

• IMAG0237.jpg
    IMAG0237.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:
just unscrew the top of that res and plop the coil in. Im kind of curious what the stats are on the efficiency of a kill coil since copper is also anti bacterial/microbial. Do we have any microbiologists around here to comment?

well that was with the micro res from swifttech i have it didnt fit this one it has no reason i just need these snowstorms/issues so the rest of my parts show up
does anyone know can i connect the bitspower tube res to the d5 pump directly like a pump mod ect like the ones that come with it pre installed in the bottom already

Make sure the kill coil isn't small enough to enter those intake holes at the bottom of the res if you decide to just drop it in.

Also, there should be ways to mount or connect the D5 to it. The reservoir is upside in the picture so you'll just need to flip it, add some tubing and have it connected to the input of the pump. Have a natural flow to it.

i ment like the d5 pump tops u can buy from ek for there res's so u can attach a d5 to the bottom

Copper sulfate is a good anti-fungal/bacterial agent. But you really don't want it in a loop. A copper res is pretty good as a life-form preventative. Silver is good too.

got my parts today =) now just need the gpu block and its complete here are some new pics cant get the in fourms linking to work also the dam silver coil keeps trying to get sucked into the pump i have the foam insert from the dcc 2.2 pump , do u think i would have any problems putting it into the tube res and dam this d5 pump rocks

Attachments

• IMAG0240.jpg
    IMAG0240.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMAG0241.jpg
    IMAG0241.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Back