• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

choosing case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are some Rosewills on this very forums list of Approved PSUs. (not that ONE, but the brand is far from all bad.)

There is a review of it on Jonnyguru. But the damn site wont load for me. Maybe OW will see this and know the deal.

Another review. It actually meets the requirements to be a recommended PSU.

Last edited:
There are some Rosewills on this very forums list of Approved PSUs. (not that ONE, but the brand is far from all bad.)

There is a review of it on Jonnyguru. But the damn site wont load for me. Maybe OW will see this and know the deal.

Another review. It actually meets the requirements to be a recommended PSU.
Okay, I just read OW's review at Jonnyguru. I'll retract my previous statement about this particular power supply.

It seems this one is a Superflower based unit (or it was three years ago), assuming they still use the same OEM to build it.

So, that easily gets a pass from me. And was awarded a 9.1 overall in OW's review of it.

I just saw the low price and the name and assumed it was junk. (Nearly all of the Rosewill products I've used in the past have been junk, so I'm kinda biased.)

Okay, I just read OW's review at Jonnyguru. I'll retract my previous statement about this particular power supply.

It seems this one is a Superflower based unit (or it was three years ago), assuming they still use the same OEM to build it.

So, that easily gets a pass from me. And was awarded a 9.1 overall in OW's review of it.

I just saw the low price and the name and assumed it was junk. (Nearly all of the Rosewill products I've used in the past have been junk, so I'm kinda biased.)

Wasn't trying to be rude, and I didn't mean it to come across that way. I actually use a Rosewill PSU. But I looked into it before I bought it, even got it on the list of recommended PSU's. 8 or so years ago I had a couple newegg freebie stuff they packaged along with orders, and every single thing they had was CHEAP. The most expensive thing they made was like a 60 dollar case. I personally think the company has came a long long ways from what they were then. I actually really like one of their cases (Rosewill Rise). Doesn't mean everything they make is good. But I've started to take them a little more seriously... With proper research of course.

That Rosewill Capstone is a good unit if it's the same in the review. Super flower makes really good Psu's.

Have you guys actually used it and it failed on you?
I did not find a single negative review.
it gets 4 to 4.5 stars all the time.
its actually around $90 but now its $40 discounted.

PS. if i can cancel my order, then i'll cancel it.

EVGA
110-B1-0750-VR
Is this what you guys recommend for PSU under $50?

Last edited:
Have you guys actually used it and it failed on you?
I did not find a single negative review.
it gets 4 to 4.5 stars all the time.
its actually around $90 but now its $40 discounted.

PS. if i can cancel my order, then i'll cancel it.

EVGA
110-B1-0750-VR
Is this what you guys recommend for PSU under $50?
Don't cancel it the Rosewill Capstone is a good Psu, especially for $40.00.

i think they are saying that Rosewill Capstone do make some nice PSU but specifically the one i bought is a crap..

i think they are saying that Rosewill Capstone do make some nice PSU but specifically the one i bought is a crap..

Actually, I was saying that Rosewill products in general are crap. Most of them are anyway, or were in past years.

The one you bought happens to be one of the few good one's I've seen. Now that I've actually read the review that is.

I kind of leapt without looking on that one. I assumed it was junk without looking up a reputable review (since most Rosewill products I've used have been junk), then realized later when I'd actually read the review that it was actually good.

The one at newegg looks just like this one. I think the issue is that Rosewill has some Psu's that aren't all that good and some that are really good. The one you choose is made for Rosewill by a company called Super Flower, they make really good Psu's. You don't have anything to worry about with the Rosewill Capston 750w.

what a relief!
Only downside is that it is not module. but..it's cheap so i'm good Thanks!

You have been advised to post only one thread about your build, yet you have three.
Mods, please merge threads.

Screen Shot 2014-11-27 at 3.01.19 AM.png
hi guys,
I finally ordered all my parts. Waiting for the parts to come.
I might be getting around $10 gift card from Newegg. Is there something i need to add to my list with $10? maybe like case fan? HDD fan? VAG cooling? memory&chipset cooling?
There's alot of good deals out now.

Back