• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Nvidia GTX 650 Artifacting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Leviathan48

Hello everyone, recently i bought an GTX 650 and started playing games like Battlefield 3, Skyrim, MW3... Things like that happens when i push the card w/ High Settings

Mirrors Edge #1
Mirrors Edge #2
Mirrors Edge #3
Mirrors Edge #4
Mirrors Edge #5

In Battlefield and Mw3 happens the same thing that happens in this video:

Tried using older drivers and nothing, im currently using 344.75

My PC Specs:

i5 3330S
2x 4GB 1333mhz Ram memory
Mainboard H61M-K
PSU: Seventeam ST-420BKV-03F

(CPU-Z Reports: Click here)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about this.

Are you overclocking the card at all? You say you recently bought the card. Is it brand new or just new to you (used)? Are the fans spinning? Is there good air flow at the card? Are the cooling fins filled with dust?

What you are describing sounds like a heat related issue or a defective card. If the card is brand new, RMA it. If it is used, perhaps remove the heat sink and apply new thermal paste and clean out the fins.

I hope that this helps at least some.

It never was used before, yes they're spinning. Battlefield 3 detects that i can play with Medium settings but when i start playing the game can artifact or closes and this happens:

8x6Y4Ik.png

Good to know. In hindsight, that all fits with the complaint. Keep on keepin on. :comp:

Back