• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need an advice for overclocking.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

krazyiNTTT

Hello guys, I've read some topics here about overclocking and I want to overclock my CPU. I have an Phenom x4 955 BE - AsRock M3A770DE Motherboard - 4x2GB RAM Kingston Hyperx FURY 1600 mhz - Sirtec HPC-500-G12S BR, 500W, ATX 2.3 Power Supply. Now, I've read Dolk's guide about overcloking my type of CPU but he says there that I can overclock the CPU only by changing the multiplier from BIOS. My CPU is default with 3.2 ghz, I've tried to put it on 3.5 from EZ Clocking (an utility from Bios) and I've got Black screen. Can someone tell me the exact changes that I have to do for 3.8 Ghz ? Or to attach some pictures with the values from Bios ?

Last edited:
Hello guys, Can someone tell me the exact changes that I have to do for 3.8 Ghz ? Or to attach some pictures with the values from Bios ?

i seriously doubt that anyone still has that older board that would ever come into these forums to begin to try and post exact settings.

Without pictures of the bios options of your motherboard, there is no way to begin to give any settings considred exact or otherwise.

If you read Dolk's guide for that motherboard, why did you use an overclocking genie instead of doing as he suggested and raise the cpu multiplier from within the bios? That would certainly have been the better choice.

However without pics of your boards bios...there is little we can do since we do not have any idea what Asrock might be calling or naming the CPU Multiplier.
RGone...ster.

Just had a quick look at your manual, looks like you need to go to the advanced section of bios and near the bottom there's and option "Multiplier/Voltage Change" set this to manual and you'll have the ability to adjust things you need to.

OK well switch that multi to x16.5 , it already has 1.4v so that should be enough. Test it out. If it doesn't boot or the test fails you'll need more voltage. Most likely it'll be fine with the 1.4v close to if not including the 3.8 you want to attain. Run P95 for 20 minutes as a test and keep an eye on your temps. Core is good to 55-60c but most will get a bit shaky at 55c. If you pass then raise the multi another .5 and try again.

So I must go step by step, from .5 to .5 until 3.8 ? or I can try to go x22, x23 where is 3.8 mhz

Back