• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

program that recover my data...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

elfaii

Registered
hi!to everyone..!!!:)
do you have a good software to suggest me that i can recover my lost data from my hard disk?
for any details send me back..

Last edited:
First and foremost Welcome to OCF elfaii.

There are a few programs that can recover data. Now I am not experienced with many of them.

What caused you to lose files?

Doing some searching around google and tomshardware The only good program I am seeing people suggest is Piriform Recuva.

thank you for the welcome!!!
i had a lot of data in my drive i did a format and i wrote someting else after because i thought that it isn't the drive that i had my data....
and when i understood that i did this mistake it was very late....
so i tried with some programms to get my data back but nothing...
i will try the recuva and i try to find a program that can revover data in depth because i read that when you do format and write another data in the drive is difficult to get back the old data..

the problem with the recuva is that it cannot do recovery the stucture like parttion recovery i mean it can do only file to file but i try it..
thank you very much if you have any other idea or someone else just inform me..:)

Like Janus said, give testdisk a go. Just be warned that testdisk is rather complicated to use. I had good success with it while testing.

ok,i will try testdisk to see...
i will write back when i am ready thank you everyone..

Try FTKimager.
FTK Imager Lite Lite version is free, as the "full version" requires registration.
There's some blogspot sites with the fuller version if you want to risk it.

Powerful program my Security professor showed us how to use :D

ok i will try that because i did not get good results with the previus...thank you!!

no man it isn't for me that tool thank you very much for your advice,if anyone has any idea please inform me...

no man it isn't for me that tool thank you very much for your advice,if anyone has any idea please inform me...

Since you did a (full?) format, most tools won't be of much help - they aren't powerful enough.
FTKimager (while hard to use - I forgot to mention that to you) is the best tool that I know of to recover data in situations like this.

I can post some screenshots of how to use it if you'd like :)

Since you did a (full?) format, most tools won't be of much help - they aren't powerful enough.
FTKimager (while hard to use - I forgot to mention that to you) is the best tool that I know of to recover data in situations like this.

I can post some screenshots of how to use it if you'd like :)

yes of cource that is good idea maybe i did something wrong...thank you very much!!:)i will be waiting your instructions...

- - - Updated - - -

Togethershare Data Recovery Free 4.6

thank you i will try it and write back..!:)

In spoilers to keep things neat ;)
Hope it helps.

Youtube has videos to help as well, give them a watch too :)
First, click FILE then click "Add Evidence Item" as shown below:
Untitled.png

Then Select "Physical Drive" OR "Logical Drive" (Only if that drive you want to recover data from has a letter like C:\ or D:\ otherwise select Physical)
Then select the drive, FTK should give you the name of the drive and the size of the drive.
Untitled2.png

You'll then see the following:
Click on the drive in the left hand pane, and select the partition (if it has one) OR select "Unallocated Space" if it doesn't have a partition.
Untitled3.png

From here, it's just a matter of clicking the little + signs you see in the left hand pane to try and find folders and files.
Untitled4.png

Any deleted files are marked with a red X.
Capture.PNG

To recover files (for example, the red X ones you see below) RIGHT CLICK on the file or folder you want to try and recover and select "Export Files"
Simply choose where you want to save the files/folders and you're done! NOTE!: DON'T export the files/folders to the same drive! You may end up destroying the files/folders you are trying to save!
Untitled5.png

What you have said...

thank you for the welcome!!!
i had a lot of data in my drive i did a format and i wrote someting else after because i thought that it isn't the drive that i had my data....
and when i understood that i did this mistake it was very late....

I just went and read some top 10 lists of recovery software and then some lists of top ten freeware recovery software and what you wrote above about format > then write something else and then late to find out what you had done, is pointing about 99.9% at you never recovering the formatted away and then written over data. Every last one of the data recovery software how tos says formatted partitions are somewhat recoverable unless written over. Most suggest portable recovery software so that nothing is written to the area to be recovered. And to save recovered data to another hard drive altogether.

Been a while but I 'have used' data recovery software to get back a customers deleted wedding pics and such. I wound up using more than one type of software to get about 98% of his information back (his statement of success. But the point was that the very first piece of recovery software found "something" by your admission you have tried at least a couple of types of recovery softwae and yet "nothing". I expect you will continue to get nothing due to having written other data onto the formatted partition.
RGone...ster.

I just went and read some top 10 lists of recovery software and then some lists of top ten freeware recovery software and what you wrote above about format > then write something else and then late to find out what you had done, is pointing about 99.9% at you never recovering the formatted away and then written over data. Every last one of the data recovery software how tos says formatted partitions are somewhat recoverable unless written over. Most suggest portable recovery software so that nothing is written to the area to be recovered. And to save recovered data to another hard drive altogether.

Been a while but I 'have used' data recovery software to get back a customers deleted wedding pics and such. I wound up using more than one type of software to get about 98% of his information back (his statement of success. But the point was that the very first piece of recovery software found "something" by your admission you have tried at least a couple of types of recovery softwae and yet "nothing". I expect you will continue to get nothing due to having written other data onto the formatted partition.
RGone...ster.
ok,after the i had searched a lot of good softwares like active partition recovery enterprise,EaseUS Data Recovery etc..
i enter to this forum to take others opinions about this problem because with the above softwares and the suggested soft you have a big possibility to recover data only when you formated the disk not when you write other data on the disk.... so i am tring to find a tool(software) to recover data that i had in the disk before i formatted and wrote on it and this very difficult i see..
Do you have an idea about such softwares(recover in depth)???
anyway thank you for your help!!!:)

I honestly doubt there will be any data recovery after you have now written over the old data. A quick format did not remove all the old data but it did remove the file tables and maybe even original partiton information. BUT after you write over enough of the original data...it is most likely gone for good at the normal user level of recovery.
RGone...

Back