• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

$20 AMIR 120GB SSD!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Interesting to bad my work computer won't pull up the page. Be a good deal for people that don't have an SSD that may not have the funds.

I am tempted to buy 3 or 4 to raid and make one large SSD for games. To bad I don't have enough SATA slots on mobo :(

Be careful, this rebate is really odd, it requires you to install the software, and be enrolled in auto renewal with a valid credit card for 10 month. It seems, that it may actually take 10 month to receive the rebate as well.

You will get the rebate once it's processed in a month or two but you will not be able to cancel the subscription until 10 months have passed. By then, you will have forgotten and get charged for the second year.

"This rebate is in USD currency and may be paid with a prepaid reward card."

Does that mean store credit, essentially?

PASS. Too many gimped-up rules

The prepaid reward card works like a credit or debit card. You can use it anywhere that credit is accepted as a payment type. So buy gas, eat out, whatever. It is not quite, but almost as good as cash back. I actually prefer this to getting a rebate check.

As far as the subscription... I have a work around. I've got a credit card that expires in December. Guess which card I'll be using to set up the subscription. No need to remember canceling in that case, they'll attempt to charge me in a year and won't have a valid card to bill against. I won't care, as the software is going to be installed on a VM running Windows 10 tech preview, which will be going away mid next year anyway.

great deal for kids who have time and not money. Something I would have jumped on a few years ago as a kid building his first comp on budget living at home with the parents.

I got
http://www.ebay.com/itm/111400067779?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Dunno if it's much better than a sata, but figured I'd check it out... According to Windows Experience Index, everything else on my PC is rated in the 7's, out of 7.9, but my hard drive is rated at 5.9, though I have a sata, and an SDD, don't know if it might be testing on the Sata or what.... Think after I get my quad core, I'll probably get a known good SDD, though I may wait until I get a second 9790, and another 4-8GB ram, not sure the order of upgrades after the Quad core lol

Um... You know that that's a 7200RPM HD you linked their right?:confused:

$20 AMIR 120GB SSD Would be a Insane price:screwy:

Tiger rebates are always questionable by me, as in the past I have had trouble getting any of them honored:rain:

Holy crap I am retarded, I swear it said ssd when I got it.... Know in the filters I clicked ssd... Fml. Guess I just have a 500 gb HD, and a 640 gb hd...

Back